X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medusa
    replied
    Re: Hypnosis

I feel as if my bi polar brain wouldn't be able to handle being hypnotized. But I have been mesmerized by things before. Like when I will suddenly stop blinking and just do a 50 yard stare..at absolutely nothing. It's like the cat in me took over and I just feel comfy not blinking.

Leave a comment:

• iris
    replied

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
    I believe your believing you are in control may in fact make you more susceptible..Just my take from my personal experience.
    I am quite susceptible ^^ but the kind I've tried really did allow me to stay in control. Therapeutic hypnosis.

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
    It is possible to learn self-hypnosis... It is much like meditating, with the inclusion of self-suggestion.

Watch out for nut cases making extraordinary claims, though, and selling snake oil.
    I was taught some basic self hypnosis, I can count myself down. I use it when I'm having anxiety attacks.

Leave a comment:

• Gleb
    replied

I managed to get myself into some sort of trance one time and snapped out of it when a classmate called my name in her question. So maybe this was one of the first steps to self hypnosis. I definitely have to work more on this thing. Thanks for your help, everyone!

Leave a comment:

• anunitu
    replied

Check out the site I linked to..they have CD's and instructional DVD's and such,and I looked and their prices are very good depending how far you want to go with it. Also music can be very helpful. There is a type of music known as Psychotropic Music.
    http://www.world-of-cosmitec.com/boris-mourashkin.html

I have his CD's and they are nice to meditate to.

- - - Updated - - -

There is this
    3 HOURS Relaxation Powerful Meditation | Tibetan Monks Chanting | Singing Bowls | Background Yoga

Leave a comment:

• Quetzal
    replied

Pretty much all I know of (stage) hypnotism, I learned from watching and reading Derren Brown. If you haven't seen one of his shows, I recommend it on the entertainment factor alone. He's a great showman.

I'm of the belief that both kinds of hypnotism (stage and hypnotherapy) will only work on someone who wants to be hypnotised.

EDIT: Oh hey, the NHS has a little page on hypnotherapy if you're interested: http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/hypnoth...roduction.aspx

Leave a comment:

• B. de Corbin
    replied

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
    Oh awesome! Thanks. B. De started it, so why not ask him?

LOL - the site I linked to doesn't go into detail about achieving the necessary state of open relaxation. You might want to look at meditation techniques if you find you have trouble there.

Leave a comment:

• Gleb
    replied

Oh awesome! Thanks. B. De started it, so why not ask him?

Leave a comment:

• B. de Corbin
    replied

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
    Self hypnosis? How so?
    Yes, my child, the Google knows all, sees all, and reveals all...

Self Hypnosis: How to Perform Self Hypnosis in 3 Simple Steps

Leave a comment:

• anunitu
    replied

Do a Google search My child...

Ok Here.
    http://drmiller.com/learning-center/selfhypnosis/

- - - Updated - - -

And as B. De. Mentioned Grain of salt...

Leave a comment:

• Gleb
    replied

Self hypnosis? How so?

Leave a comment:

• B. de Corbin
    replied

It is possible to learn self-hypnosis... It is much like meditating, with the inclusion of self-suggestion.

Watch out for nut cases making extraordinary claims, though, and selling snake oil.

Leave a comment:

• anunitu
    replied

I believe your believing you are in control may in fact make you more susceptible..Just my take from my personal experience.

Leave a comment:

• iris
    replied

It's nothing to be scared of trying gleb ^^ as long as the person performing it actually knows what they're doing. I always wanted to learn it, when I was a kid we fooled around with it (which is harmless, takes more than 'loook me in the eeeye..you are sleeeepyyy'), I figured out that part of it is in the repetition. I was very good at making people sleepy fast, but that's it. Oh anu! I kind of wanna try going under that way. Just because I'm too curious for my own good. I''ve only tried the kind where I was still the one in control.

Leave a comment:

• Gleb
    replied

-evil laugh- maybe I'll look into it when the time comes. :devil:
    Thanks for the link, anu!

Leave a comment:

• anunitu
    replied

Once known as mesmerism,and also Animal magnetism. The name was from F. A. Mesmer who I believe first practiced it. It has had a checkered history over the years.

Link from merriam-webster dictionary

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/mesmerism

Leave a comment:

Working...
X