• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jembru
    replied
    Re: The Rant Thread (v 1.2)

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
    There is always email for a group,you just need to send cc to your group. You also "Might" consider a forum,some for money and some that are free. You might ask Juni or Thal what it would take to set up for your group. Mask might have some idea as to what is involved.
    It has crossed my mind, but there's a lot of members now and they're used to using fb. The moot used to be an email group but switched to fb by popular demand because people check fb more often than email (I must admit I haven't checked my email for over 2 weeks myself).

If nothing else, I might try to limit how often I check the site. It's just so easy to sign I'm when I'm sat bored at work!

Leave a comment:

• anunitu
    replied

There is always email for a group,you just need to send cc to your group. You also "Might" consider a forum,some for money and some that are free. You might ask Juni or Thal what it would take to set up for your group. Mask might have some idea as to what is involved.
    Last edited by anunitu; 18 Jun 2017, 15:12.

Leave a comment:

• Jembru
    replied

So now I can't send private messages via fb unless I install their shitty app? I am sick of being treated like dirt and having my free will violated by that vile corporation. I hate to think what they want access to when you install the app. My contact list? My credit card details? My freaking pin numbers?

If it wasn't for the conversation group and moot I would quit FB. I'm done with its crap. But I kinda need to know when the moots are, and I run the conversation group so kinda need access. There's an app that blocks everything but groups, but installing an app seems to defeat the point here...

Gods I HATE Facebook. Dirty... dishonest... vile... just DIE!!!

Leave a comment:

• Prickly Pear
    replied

Thanks for replying! I actually figured it out. I was having trouble getting wi-fi to work. Different wi-fi adapters, lots of internet advice that didn't work. It was taking forever. I am using Mint, figuring that it would be easiest for a newbie. Since I was resurrecting an old computer and didn't have files to save, I switched to a a better hard drive and loaded Mate instead of Cinnamon. Well, the hard drive was just a bonus, it didn't have anything to do with the wi-fi problem.

I knew there would be a learning curve. It was just frustrating because online help was either things I knew to try, or assumed that I had waayyy more experience than I have. I'll get there. Otherwise, I like it fine. I'm having fun exploring and playing.

Leave a comment:

• anunitu
    replied

Mainly I think people have trouble with Linux because they believe it should be just another windows. Not everything used to be plug and play.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X