Pagan Forum is a multi-faith discussion board. We welcome members of all faiths and paths to share their experiences and broaden their knowledge of many different types of religious traditions. We seek to provide a comfortable environment where our members can feel safe and may openly share any information without fear of religious intolerance.
By registering at Pagan Forum you agree to the following code of conduct when interacting with the community.
- Follow the rules which Pagan Forum has set forth.
- Please be courteous to your fellow members.
- Respect others as you would like to be respected.
- Do not spam the forum with advertisement or nonconstructive material.
- Do not troll, bait, instigate fights, flame, attack or otherwise violate forum rules.
- If you disagree with anything, do so in a respectful manner.
- Do not argue with a Moderation action
- Do not create multiple user accounts.
The following are guidelines we expect our members to follow while participating in discussions on our forum.
- Spoken/Typed: Pagan Forum is primarily an English speaking forum and therefore requires English translation for any content posted in another language. We do not discourage multi-lingual discussion, but bear in mind that the site is hosted and maintained by US owners and for moderation purposes require translation to any non-English text. If you do not wish to provide translation to text in a foreign language, please get clearance from a staff member prior to posting it, or use Private Messages to individual members.
- We would like to keep the forum as free as possible of unnecessary profanity. There are certain sections that we give more leeway. For instance, the Rants section. However, the majority of the forum should more or less be considered at a PG-13 rating. The Pagan Forum Staff reserves the right to edit language that we deem excessive or unnecessarily out of context.
- When creating a new topic, please ensure that you are submitting it to the proper category (IE., Knitting discussions go into the Hobbies section, Spell work discussion would go into Ceremonies and Practices). Keep the title neat and not too vague or too long. Let your audience know what the topic will be discussing. If your discussion includes a link, please post a quick description of what the link contains and why you are posting it.
- If you are quoting an article from the Internet, provide a link to that article. If it is a long article, you may quote 20% or the highlights of said article. Do not quote the entire length of of the article unless it is relatively short.
- If you are quoting someone else's work, please make sure you have their permission to do so.
- When replying to someone (and you are able to do so), it is considered courteous to include a quote of the text you wish to address. Please place the quoted text first followed by your reply. You may include several quotes if you wish to break it down or quote multiple members.
- There is a 5 minute delay which is a courtesy-editing time frame, if you need to make changes to your posts. However, if you exceed this time, frame, you will be locked out and must contact a moderator to make any further changes to your submission(s). Please make this request via PM and not as a separate post within that topic.
- Please refrain from making double posts if at all possible. Double posts are two or more consecutive submissions by the same member. We understand that sometimes, it is unavoidable and we usually do give quite a bit of leeway. However, constant double posting is considered spamming and may result in Moderator or even Administrative actions. Please see one bullet above if you need to make amendments to your posts or seek to combine multiple posts.
- Do not spread drama, which originated in one topic, into another topic or multiple topics. It is extremely disruptive to the forum and not everyone needs to be involved in a dispute.
- Disagreements are bound to happen in a large community. You may voice disagreement(s) within a topic as long as it is done in a respectful manner. If you have a personal disagreement with one or more members, please contact said member or a Staff member by one of the following ways: Personal Messages, E-mail, or “Report to Moderator” function.
- We strive to provide a community to our members in which censorship is not heavily used, however, disagreements often escalate to personal insults, resulting in a topic getting locked and/or edited for content. Please do your part in preventing such action from being necessary.
- Never share your log-in, password, email, real name or any personal information. Never post private logs, emails, and or private information that belongs to another person.
- Spamming is not allowed under any circumstances. If you wish to advertise your website, blog, store or services, please contact an Admin prior to ensure the validity this site/service is to our community. Failure to comply will result in links and posts being removed. Depending on the type of advertisement posted, a warning may be issued or in extreme circumstances a permanent ban may be initiated. Longstanding and established members may provide links to personal websites they wish to share.
- Rude and inappropriate behavior will be moderated closely. Unacceptable behavior includes – but is not limited to – Trolling, baiting, instigating fights, flaming, discrimination, stalking, harassment, sexism/gender-ism, etc. Pagan Forum does not allow any illegal activity within its community. If it’s unlawful/illegal, do not bring it to the site. The Pagan Forum Staff reserves the right to modify or remove any posts that violate these rules.
III. Moderation Policy
Failing to abide by the above mentioned rules, one or more of the following actions may be taken against your account. Our actions will vary depending on the severity of the transgression. It may include any one or more of the following:
- Edit your post.
- Remove images/links/videos that are in violation.
- Remove a post/thread.
- Close a thread.
Consequences of violating the guidelines detailed above:
- Receive a general forums warning for behavior.
- Receive a warning for continued behavior and note abuse on the account.
- Account suspended from the forums for a period of time for failure to adhere to previous warnings.
- Account banned for continued behavior abuse.
- Individuals who violate the rules of the forums may not receive any warning before an action is taken.
Pagan Forum reserve the right to change or amend these rules at any time, without notice. We strive to provide our community with an open and welcoming forum and will do what is necessary to ensure that we meet this goal.
Although the administrators and moderators of Pagan Forum will attempt to keep all objectionable
messages off this site, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of
the author, and neither the owners of Pagan Forum, nor vBulletin Solutions, Inc. (developers of vBulletin)
will be held responsible for the content of any message.
By agreeing to these rules, you warrant that you will not post any messages that are obscene, vulgar,
sexually-oriented, hateful, threatening, or otherwise violative of any laws.
The owners of Pagan Forum reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any content item for any reason.