Depression

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depression

Some of y'all may know me... some of y'al may remember that I turned into a bit of an asshole after a while.

I was in a dark place for a while.

Do you ever go to bed liking you? Do you ever wake up liking you? In general, do you like you?

I don't. I don't like me in the morning, in the evening, at noontime or suppertime. I just don't generally care for me. I'm pretty proud of the things I can do, I know, objectively, that I'm a heck of a guy... but I don't really like me. I don't really even think that I should keep wasting oxygen.

I deal with this, I struggle with this... and I FIGHT every day with this.

You know someone with depression, whether you know it or not. There is someone that you know and love that is hurting right now.

Help them if you can.

I've been diagnosed with depression and OCD, and I'm on medication and in therapy to help (I'm also in AA, and trying to make that work with my atheism).

I've been mostly absent from PF because I was in a really dark place when I was last frequent here, and I know I made an ass of myself... I will probably continue to be a lurker for a while, but I thought I should say "hi"

Also, I'm mostly OK right now, this is not a cry for help, but a PSA... I'm kinda down, but not in one of my darker moments. I just wanted to spread the word. I have love and support, but not everyone does.

Be that love and support to someone if you can.
    Last edited by ThorsSon; 22 Jul 2018, 00:10.
    "Don't ever miss a good opportunity to shut up." - Harvey Davis "Gramps"

Re: Depression

Do feel like I might need that kind of love and support at the moment, TBH.

You can't be a bad guy if you realize you're one (paradox?). Kudos for your courage when it comes to battling this kind of problems. It ain't easy, I at least know that.

The best of luck to you, stay strong, stay hydrated.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

I have been down that dark hole,and came out changed and stripped of my anger at life and the jumble of existence.

Hang in there.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Welcome back TS. It's been a minute. Always great to see you.
        �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
        ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
        Sneak Attack
        Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Oh yeah. Depression is the gift that keeps on giving. And OCD is a twisted, nasty companion. They've been known to haunt our house as well. It is good to hear that you have some support. Wishing you continued strength and courage.

Comment

Welcome back, TS. I've been there, and I was a bit of an asshole while I was in that hole too. I'm lucky that my depresion was temporary and related to a situation that I was able to change... but I wouldn't wish that particular dark place on my worst enemy. And it has made me a pretty good 'love and support' person (at least Ithink so).

Keep spreading the word. We all gotta look out for each other.

Comment

Heya buddy.

Never for a minute thought you were a dick. Welcome back!

Mostly art.

Comment

Welcome back!
                life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Welcome back! I understand what it means to have depression. I have to take meds for my depression. It's hard when you're really depressed. I hope you feel better soon though.
                  Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

I think sometimes,I am right on the edge of depression,another person that lived here,just died. He did go quickly,no lingering death,so I count him lucky. Living in an elder housing,low rent but people disappear from day to day. SO,I feel a bit depressed,most of the time. A friend from many years ago,he was in his 80's,and he said the bad part of living so long is having to see your friends go away. and being now myself kind of in that position,I agree with his take on seeing friends die,it eats at your heart.

- - - Updated - - -

This song by Leonard Cohen now runs in my head a lot.

Who by Fire??

- - - Updated - - -

This is how I imagine the portal into eternity.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

I know the feeling of depression. I was depressed about 6 years. The reason for it was that my mother died from Type 2 Diabetes. I was very depressed and blame myself for her death. But I realized it wasn't my fault and sometimes I still feel that way.

Comment

Never your fault Bart,just how life is,we come,and we go on some calendar of the ages,when it is our time,that is it.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                          Never your fault Bart,just how life is,we come,and we go on some calendar of the ages,when it is our time,that is it.
                          I know that. I mean I give her insulin everyday but it wasn't enough. I mean if the doctors would find a cure for type 2 diabetes years ago she would've been alive today and I would be very happy to see her.

Comment

Welcome back. I'm so glad you were able to find a way out of the worst of it. It's a struggle and sometimes neverending.
                            ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

Originally posted by faye_cat View Post
                              Welcome back. I'm so glad you were able to find a way out of the worst of it. It's a struggle and sometimes neverending.
                              I agree with you. Depression is a scary thing to experience.

Comment

Working...
                              X