Quick and Easy (and preferably sellable) Crafts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quick and Easy (and preferably sellable) Crafts

I've got a dilemma. I need to get loads of crafty stuff together ASAP and the only day that I am not heeeevingly (excuse the Scottish words) busy is Wednesday and I need these crafty things done for Thursday.

It needs to be reasonably quick and easy so that I can make a bunch of cool sell-able stuff that can make my stall look really full and busy.

Anyone got any ideas?

OH the only thing is that I can't sell candles.

Thanks in advance guys. I am so busy and so stressed it isn't real. x
    "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Re: Quick and Easy (and preferably sellable) Crafts

Hmm.. I'll have a proper think on this, but the first thing that comes to mind is dream pillows. Just stuff 'em with herbs and add some ribbons etc. Should sell?

Pouches for keeping stones, cards or tools in?

If you are able to make very simple dolls, maybe worry dolls that people can tell their worries to before bed?

Erm.. I'll keep thinking.

---------- Post added at 11:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 PM ----------

Oh something my mum does. She makes packs of sabbat cards. If you have card making stuff, it doesn't take long to throw them together and you can put 8 in a pack, one for each sabbat. My mum's are popular amongst my pagan friends so they'd possibly sell.
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Wall hangings (especially if it's seasonable stuff), if you have the beads and elastic bands some one-size-fits-most bracelets, or possibly a few signs you paint with quirky sayings. The key to making it sellable is to find a way to make it appear that someone will have a use for it.
      my etsy store
      My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
      surrounded by plush, downy things,
      ill prepared, but willing,
      to descend."

Comment

This isn't crafty, but you might want to try taking good pics of a few of your paintings and setting them up to print as post cards or note cards. They sell for about $1 or 2 USD.

Put a little biographical info on the back, and a link to your website.
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
          This isn't crafty, but you might want to try taking good pics of a few of your paintings and setting them up to print as post cards or note cards. They sell for about $1 or 2 USD.

Put a little biographical info on the back, and a link to your website.
          I'm doing that already It is a fantastic idea though.
          My work isn't the issue. People are looking at my work and buying my little cards, ordering prints of my work and following my facebook page. What I am having problems with is physically filling the stall with crafty, practical goodies.
          I'm pushing Mother's Day (which is on the 18th of March here) and hopefully people will buy the wee cards that I've made and such but I need present stuff.

Thanks x
          "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

Cookies and things in decorative bags? People will always buy little tasty treats.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
              Cookies and things in decorative bags? People will always buy little tasty treats.
              Or following on from that idea.... non-cook sweets in little bags
              http://thefeministpagan.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

I second (third?), the sweets/cookies idea! Who doesn't like sweets?
                夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Working...
                X