Where else was she supposed to put it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where else was she supposed to put it?

SO...I was reading this article: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ce-fridge.html (more importantly, I made the mistake of reading the comments)

And we'll ignore the "look at her face" and the "you women are just a bunch of whiners" and "why don't you quit and find somewhere else to work" comments (because it only doubles down of how very sexist they really are) and get straight to this gem:

"Pretty disgusting storing your own breast milk in a communal fridge. No wonder her co-workers commented on it. Now she's trying to cash in with her book"

and

"I mean why did she do that.... Did she use a machine in the office? Bring by car to fill a space in the office fridge? I find it abhorrent that a workers bodily fluids were kept in a communal fridge."

and my personal fave, from someone who claims to be female...but obviously has no clue about the reality of how the female body works

"As a woman I find this story gross!!!! Women insist of being treated equal but still INSIST of opened doors, women first and all of that! Who cares! Be a woman. be proud and keep your dignity! You want to drink your own breastmilk YUK but your choice, do it with consideration for others!"

REALLY?!?! WTF is WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE?!?!?

Freaking out over storing breast milk in the fridge? Its not like someone took a crap and put it in the fridge. Where else is it SUPPOSED TO GO?

Are you all in the 7th grade or something?!?

You see, breast milk needs to be kept cold to keep it from going bad. If it goes bad, then the baby can't drink it after the mother goes home. And she can't just hold it in, because it effing HURTS and can cause problems. And she's not going to dump it out to save your pathetic whiner sensibilities because pumping is an utterly miserable lot of work to go through to feed your baby. If you are so infantile that you are grossed out by this most natural of FOODS being kept next to your salad or casserole until it can be taken home and fed to the baby, MAYBE you shouldn't be the jerk that steals people's stuff and eats it.

By the way, I will give the Navy props for this. On both of my ships, the couple of women that might be underway and were still breast feeding were actually given time and privacy and space to do so...AND...they stored the breast milk in the freezer with the ice cream.
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Re: Where else was she supposed to put it?

LOL - I'm not even going to read the article because I can imagine it.

People are cheeped out by bodily fluids, I get that, but in the case of BM they need to get over it.

It isn't like it was a bottle of flem or something that might carry disease.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Don't they store cow's milk in the fridge? Why is your own species grosser than a bovine?
      sigpic
      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Even goat milk,or Almond milk..how do you "Milk" an almond?
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

See I read the article and then of course went on to look at the comments and I'm angry enough to punch someone. I have luckily never come across a male that behaves or thinks this way. I'm more then sure some might think it but they are smart enough not to say them in front of me(not that it makes them right) at the same time there are women who are being just as nasty. I don't understand how they can be that cruel and ignorant?? We are suppose to have each others back and instead we would rather insult each other... pounds my head against the wall. Infuriating, how do we raise people to act this way or be this dumb???
          "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

People get so stupid about stuff that really doesn't affect them. It's not like she's storing urine samples, or making them drink her breast milk. Her keeping milk in the fridge doesn't harm anyone. Grow up, people.
            Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Men are perpetually freaked out and grossed out by a tit. Until they are naked sucking on one. Then it's the best thing since sliced bread.

This is why I'm mean. This is why I never apologize for being mean.
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                Men are perpetually freaked out and grossed out by a tit. Until they are naked sucking on one. Then it's the best thing since sliced bread..
                SOME men.

I, personally, have made an extensive study of tits, and amassed a great deal of illustrated literature regarding tits, and find them terribly interesting a great variety of shapes and sizes.

Even when I'm not naked.

Does this make me weird?
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                  SOME men.

I, personally, have made an extensive study of tits, and amassed a great deal of illustrated literature regarding tits, and find them terribly interesting a great variety of shapes and sizes.

Even when I'm not naked.

Does this make me weird?
                  This makes you cool.

Comment

A friend of mine owned a business out of her house, so her and her husbands employees were in an out all of the time (the office was part in their large garage and part in the house). Well, their receptionist had a baby and according to regulations for the workplace they had to have a "safe room" for her to pump and fridge storage for the milk. They went as far as to install a special lock on their guestroom door for her to feel comfortable and safe while pumping and installed a mini fridge next to her desk for her. THAT is how breast feeding mothers should be treated. They told her she could use their own home fridge if she wanted too but she was perfectly happy with using the mini fridge.

I really don't understand the taboo with this or how it is "gross" in any sort of way. Maybe that is because I'm a woman but I've never had children or had to go through this. People piss and moan about this yet they can look through a National Geographic and see butt ass naked men and women in other cultures and not be phased at all because its natural for them. I don't know, it's just all ridiculous.

Comment

I was actually having this conversation last night with a co-worker. We decided breast feeding mothers should put sparkles and bedazzle their breasts. Then they can show them just like all those gals on the red carpet, in magazines, on the music videos, on the news, in public. Just like a live human being.

It's so full of bs. But sparkles will make it just like you are Beyonce showing off your tatas. Then it's totally acceptable.

Comment

I have never met a person who gets icky about this. Thankfully in the UK we have laws that state a woman can breastfeed wherever she wishes in a public place. Scotland goes further, and it is a criminal offence to stop a woman breastfeeding in public.

Human breast milk is fundamentally the same as cow's milk, a nourishing substance created by millions of years of mammalian evolution. Breasts are part of what makes our species MAMMALS. MAMMARY GLANDS.

If human breast milk is no different from other human bodily fluids, then these people would surely see no problem with exchanging the liquid on their bowl of cereal for cow piss or half a pint of bull semen. No? Didn't think so. At least the Daily Mail is ranting at the right people for once.

However, since it's the Daily Mail, I'm tempted to think that none of this ever actually happened. They're such awful reporters.
                        I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
                        Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
                        But that day you know I left my money
                        And I thought of you only
                        All that copper glowing fine

Comment

Originally posted by Briton View Post
                          However, since it's the Daily Mail, I'm tempted to think that none of this ever actually happened. They're such awful reporters.
                          The article isn't what did it, it was the comments

(never read the comments--I broke my own rule!)
                          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                          sigpic

Comment

Simple answer,humans do really stupid stuff...and sometimes I think it is the majority of what we humans do!

- - - Updated - - -

And why is it Politicians seem to do a lot of it? Remember Carlos Danger???

Yeh Here.
                            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Some people are so frigging immature. What the hell!
                              Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Working...
                              X