X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whatcha Eatin'?

My work here's done...
    I often wish that I had done drugs in the '70s. At least there'd be a reason for the flashbacks. - Rick the Runesinger

Blood and CountryTribe of my Tribe
    Clan of my Clan
    Kin of my Kin
    Blood of my Blood

For the Yule was upon them, the Yule; and they quaffed from the skulls of the slain,
    And shouted loud oaths in hoarse wit, and long quaffing swore laughing again.

Comment

Today I'm making New England Pot Roast in the crock pot. It has lots of horseradish (the heat cooks out and you're left with a wonderful savory-ness). It's a very cold day (about 7 F) and I love smelling something good from the kitchen all day.
      sigpic
      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
        Today I'm making New England Pot Roast in the crock pot. It has lots of horseradish (the heat cooks out and you're left with a wonderful savory-ness). It's a very cold day (about 7 F) and I love smelling something good from the kitchen all day.
        I want a recipe!

Comment

gluten free toast and almond butter, with a bowl of bananas, yogurt, honey, and rhubarb compote.

Mostly art.

Comment

Hard boiled eggs! :T
            No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

I'm making Buffalo Chili.

Be eating it, shortly.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by ChainLightning View Post
                I'm making Buffalo Chili.
                How, exactly, does one go about making a buffalo chilly?

Drop some ice down its pants?
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Heating a bean and cheese burrito in the toaster oven. Gonna eat it with a handful of yellow chilis. With a side of tortilla chips and salsa. I tried that new Cantina style salsa. I'm addicted.
                  Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                    How, exactly, does one go about making a buffalo chilly?

Drop some ice down its pants?
                    First, one goes to the City of Buffalo (many states have one of their own) and step outside on a cool and crisp night. Buffalo Chilly.

Second, one rounds up a likely candidate (generally one that isn't too cranky) and pushes it into a semi frozen river (though creeks and lakes may be substituted, for convenience). Buffalo Chilly. And wet.

I just used a sort of facsimile, namely ground bison, and put it in a pot of tomato sauce (and two small cans of petite diced tomatoes) with like 3 different kinds of beans (light and dark red kidney beans and some pinto beans) and went about seasoning the hell out of it, so to speak. Since the seasoning is something I excel at, I can't divulge all that went into it, for seasons, BUT I did use 3 packets of chili seasoning mix and one onion soup mix packet. (And not one sprinkle of cayenne.)

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
                      What, no Kanga or Roo pizza?
                      Never had that. Not likely to either (vegetarian remember?)

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                      Heating a bean and cheese burrito in the toaster oven. Gonna eat it with a handful of yellow chilis. With a side of tortilla chips and salsa. I tried that new Cantina style salsa. I'm addicted.
                      Reminding me that Bjorn and I still need to make fajitas... so much craving.
                      ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                      Seen the desert and the birds
                      You cut your hair short
                      Like a shush to an insult
                      The world had been yelling
                      Since the day you were born
                      Revolting with anger
                      While it smiled like it was cute
                      That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

I am drinking Tevana's Strawberry Rose Champagne Oolong.

It is delicious. I got a 1/2 lb on sale (btw, 1/2 lb is about 2 cups of the stuff--2 cups dried will make probably 5 or 6 pots of tea, and maybe 20 cups of tea to drink), 75% off (actually, hubby bought it for me). If I'd paid regular price, it would have cost $55. Fifty five DOLLARS for TWO CUPS of TEA. WTF. As it was, at 75% off, it was about $15 with tax, which is four times what I normally pay for tea. But, its one of my favorite teas.
                        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                        sigpic

Comment

I just had seafood pizza. NOM.

Comment

Making chicken pie! It's like a weekly regular in this house.

Comment

Haloumi for lunch. MMMMM
                              ThorSon's milkshake brings all the PF girls to the yard - Volcaniclastic

RIP

I have never been across the way
                              Seen the desert and the birds
                              You cut your hair short
                              Like a shush to an insult
                              The world had been yelling
                              Since the day you were born
                              Revolting with anger
                              While it smiled like it was cute
                              That everything was shit.

- J. Wylder

Comment

Tomato soup and coffee. Ugh, hello again my friend, heartburn.

Comment

Working...
                                X