This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reintroduction

Hi folks~ I've been absent for quite a long time and quite a lot has happened since I was last here so I figured I should reintroduce myself.

My name is Unlogisch. I am a mathematician, musician, writer, and occasionally a puddle of blankets and feelings.

I first joined in May of 2013 and was active for about five months before taking a break, for reasons whose cause some here might remember, and getting distracted by an excessively busy schedule.

In the intervening time, I've lost friends and loved ones through impasse and through death, made new friends, graduated from university (with honors ), moved to a new city, and started on my doctorate. I've learned how to teach, realized that I'm genderfluid (feel free to ask me about it, if you're curious), and gotten my heart broken worse than it has ever been before.

Through, and perhaps because of, the stress and the pain I have been through in the last couple of years, I have begun to feel the pull of my ancestors' homelands. Nothing tangible, nothing to tell me "These Gods are my Gods"; just a subtle sense of the raw power of nature, a sort of distant awe. I just know that I have this sense of being connected to the wilderness in an indefinably Scandinavian way.

I'll be popping in periodically, life permitting, and maybe I'll find some answers along the way but, even if not, I hope I get to enjoy my journey with you fine people.

Re: Reintroduction

Ah, if I remember correctly, that reason was banned not long after being an unequivocal douche in multiple areas...

Welcome back!!
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

Thanks!

Your recollection is sharp and well phrased. Nonetheless, the stress of it made it hard to come back and I got overwhelmed by grad school applications as well as simultaneous graduate and undergraduate coursework.

Comment

Originally posted by Unlogisch View Post
        Thanks!

Your recollection is sharp and well phrased. Nonetheless, the stress of it made it hard to come back and I got overwhelmed by grad school applications as well as simultaneous graduate and undergraduate coursework.
        Lol, I feel your pain there--I've been putting off my grad school application for a while...but third time looks like a charm, only thing left is the essay and paying the fee.
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

Welcome back.

Comment

Welcome back!
            Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Welcome back.
              "By yarrow and rue, and my redcap too."

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X