Top 100 sci-fi/fantsay books?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Top 100 sci-fi/fantsay books?

I've read 50% of them, putting me in the top 10%.

NPR's Top 100 Science-Fiction & Fantasy Books
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: Top 100 sci-fi/fantsay books?

Aww, only 38%.

Mostly art.

Comment

I got 35%. I read some of these so long ago that I need to revisit them!
      sigpic
      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Major sci fi/fantasy fan here, but only read 3%. I own like... 5 other books on the list, and started but never finished, and heard of tons more, but most I don't care to read. Not always big into classics.

Comment

Only 12. I love fantasy and sci fi, but my reading list is so long.

Also, some of those I question. I HATED Gardens of the Moon so much. It was full of ridiculous world building and he couldn't make me care about the characters at all. I'm really tolerant with books. I always give them 3 tries, just in case I wasn't in the right mood during the first one or two attempts. That one failed the three-tries rule. I tried to read it on three separate occasions and I still couldn't care about the characters or anything that happened to them, and I had a hell of a time figuring out what was even going on.

Comment

17... and i read mainly fantasy... i've read bits of a few of the others... I don't think it's the best list so many things missing.
            You remind me of the babe
            What babe?
            The babe with the power
            What power?
            The Power of voodoo
            Who do?
            You do!
            Do what?
            Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

I got 46,though they did not list a lot of the ones I read..Most everything by Asimov,Gibson,Piers Anthony and Vandagott(sp)The white gold welder series(Thomas Covent) the Avalone series

on and on..
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I'm a fan of the classics - not so much Wells and Verne, but Asimov, Heinlein, Herbert, Clark, and (for fun) Vonnegut.

Looks like I need to read some Gaiman, though, which I never have...
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Only scored a 12% on the NPR list. Had to look close at the books because the cover art has changed over the years on some books. I have a bad habit of reading books and not paying attention to the authors name.
                  Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                    I'm a fan of the classics - not so much Wells and Verne, but Asimov, Heinlein, Herbert, Clark, and (for fun) Vonnegut.

Looks like I need to read some Gaiman, though, which I never have...
                    I love Gaiman so much. He has a wonderful writing style and he's a great storyteller.

Comment

Not very many. I'm not sci fi book crazy, but sci fi movie crazy. I don't feel bad though. I read 76 books last year!
                      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Working...
                      X