Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Called back to the pagan... any advice?

The Catholic Church I did attend (I later found out) was the most liberal in the whole parish, and it's two priests were very welcoming non-judgemental people, however the more I learned about the rest of the Church and came into contact with the other churches and worshippers I realised that I did not belong there.

I do know the few places I do want to visit and I will be doing plenty of research and reading before then, though perhaps I won't be sharing my path with my wife (at least for the moment).

I'm still weirded out by being drawn to Fae/Faerie/Fairy magick...

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas Pulse View Post

I'm still weirded out by being drawn to Fae/Faerie/Fairy magick...
      Why do you find that weird?

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
        Why do you find that weird?
        It's just something I know nothing about ... but really find myself drawn to it like a physical pull from my heart.

I'm desperately trying to find out more about the subject and how might connect to other things I'm feeling such as a pull towards remote places in Northumberland...

Comment

I believe there's a reading list somewhere about the forum that may point you in some good directions with that. I don't feel like I could offer any good reading material, but I'm sure others here will have some noteworthy resources.

I do like Faery tales though.

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
            I believe there's a reading list somewhere about the forum that may point you in some good directions with that. I don't feel like I could offer any good reading material, but I'm sure others here will have some noteworthy resources.

I do like Faery tales though.
            I've ordered one or two of those books and also got the Solitsry Druid book that looks promising.

And of course a book by Brian Froud.

I'm feeling like a quiet chorus of Fae folk is calling me in my quiet moments. Which is ridiculous and exciting at the same time.

Comment

I've joined a local Pagan group who were very welcoming... and have tentatively asked if I would like to attend their next ritual which given they follow the Wheel of the year will be Summer Solstice / Lithia.

Which got me thinking about what other sorts of rituals people might be planning and if there was any online resource listing a number of paths approaches to this important festival.

I've found a few ideas for Wiccan traditions and Druid (OBOD) methods, but I'm sure there are many others!

Comment

Just wanted to say hello. I am a member of the OBOD and feel it's a great organization. I'm glad I joined.

Also, just want to throw out there that paganism and theism are not synonymous. There are many pagans who are atheist or agnostic. I am in the latter camp.
                Allow me to lend a machete to your intellectual thicket. ~ Captain Jack Sparrow

sigpic

Comment

Still not sure of my path at the moment, although a very old friend of mine is doing the OBOD course at the moment and I do listen to the podcast by Damh the Bard.

I really want to do some kind of ritual but at the moment my own perspective is certainly closer to atheistic/symbolic rather than theistic belief.

Comment

Working...
                  X