So It Happened

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So It Happened

Today, I was woken up at 9:00 in the morning by a Jehovah's witness. She seemed pretty nice, but when she noticed my tattoos, things got sour. She told me that Gods light would be the only thing to save me. Well, I wanted to have fun with this so I asked her with a dead serious face, "But have you heard the good word of Odin, our lord and AllFather?" She was taken a back, and told me Jesus was the only lord for he died for our sins. I told her "Jesus promised to bring an end to all the wicked. Odin promised to end all Frost Giants. I don't see any Frost Giants around, do you?" At this, she turned, and marched off my front porch. Was quite amusing.
    Heathen 1
    Jesus lady 0
    "In the shade now tall forms are advancing,
    And their wan hands like snowflakes in the moonlight are gleaming;
    They beckon, they whisper, 'Oh! strong armed in valor,
    The pale guests await thee - mead foams in Valhalla.'"
    - Finn's Saga

http://hoodednorseman.tumblr.com/

Re: So It Happened

I usually avoid the whole situation by not opening my door. But if I'm outside, as happened last week, and one comes up my walkway, before they can open their mouths I say "Thank you but I'm not interested". Once or twice I got a "Can I leave this with you?". They get a firm "No, I said I'm not interested".
    śivāya vishnu rūpaya śivaḥ rūpaya vishnave
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Comment

She knocked for a good 3 minutes, which was quite harassing.
      - Finn's Saga

Comment

That sounds like a hilarious exchange. I usually don't answer the door. It really flies all over me when they show up on Thanksgiving. They've done that three years in a row here. One time they accosted me as I was going to my car. I lied and said, "oh, I'm already a Christian". The woman was so persistent. She was like, "yes, Dear, but you aren't Jehovah's Witness". I politely smiled and said, "no, thank god. I like holidays too much. Have a blessed day!" lol

Comment

Originally posted by Norse_Angel View Post
          She knocked for a good 3 minutes, which was quite harassing.
          That would have pissed me off beyond belief. I fear I might have taken the hammer off the altar and smote her right into Niflheim.

Comment

Hahaha, awesome response, Norse Angel!
            It can be quite irritating, considering our dog that barks every time someone knocks the door. So we don't have a choice of not opening the door.
            We just say we're not interested. I should try that method, one time and see what happens.

- - - Updated - - -

Though I have no idea how to say allfather in Hebrew.. O_o
            "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

You know I have never really minded them knocking on the door. Sometimes I answer sometimes I don't but I started to take offense when they started taking my stuff off my door so they could hang their flyers and pamphlets on it. I have a large wooden four leaf clover that says "Bright Blessings" on it that stays on my door pretty much year around with the exception of a few months. I came home to it thrown in the grass with a stack of Jehovah Witness pamphlets in its place. You can preach and do what you do but don't ever touch my stuff on my property.

Give me a Mormon any day.
              "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Well, she was quite Persitent and at first, I thought it was someone trying to break in, so I did bring with me my .22 which was concealed under my shirt. Sadly, I can't shoot the annoying Jehovah's witnesses who don't get the hint.
                - Finn's Saga

Comment

Here in France it's illegal for JW's to go up to your door. So instead, on market days, they have a stand with a few others going around on the market harassing people.

I'm seriously working on getting my own Satan Witness stand, with pamphlets and all. I will hopefully be able to place it next to theirs.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Lol. I lucked out. I actually live with JW. Like they do Wed meeting. Prayers, reading the bible. Singing. And then foods! Lots and lots of foods!
                    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by SeanRave View Post
                      Here in France it's illegal for JW's to go up to your door. So instead, on market days, they have a stand with a few others going around on the market harassing people.

I'm seriously working on getting my own Satan Witness stand, with pamphlets and all. I will hopefully be able to place it next to theirs.
                      See, in America, that wouldn't fly. People are too easily offended for any type of Theist to hand out pamphlets. They'd have the cops called, or threatened by the populace.
                      - Finn's Saga

Comment

I would just stay at my stand, smile at people, and just let them grab anything they want from the stand table. People who are curious are far more interesting than those who pass by without even caring.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

We had one here a few days ago. Our building is locked but two of them got in with the mail man... my SO is a lot more patient than me. I think he spent 5 minutes silently litsening to her blabber, when she shut up for a second he just said 'no' and closed the door. I really want to scare them... You know, manson posters, demon books, heavy metal... but I never have the time when they come.
                          We have mormons walking around the mall quite often, I've never seen them approach anyone. JW on the other hand are the reason I no longer approach elderly women who look lost without checking for pamphlets. I've made the mistake of offering my help and being showered with pamphlets too many times.
                          You remind me of the babe
                          What babe?
                          The babe with the power
                          What power?
                          The Power of voodoo
                          Who do?
                          You do!
                          Do what?
                          Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
                            I really want to scare them... You know, manson posters, demon books, heavy metal... but I never have the time when they come.
                            That could work against you. It might make them all the more persistent to save you from the clutches of evil.

Comment

I have never been nice when someone(Anyone) try's to bend my ear when I do not want it bent. I can and have let loose with a sailors cursing rant to steam their ears off.

It is just I hate having my time wasted,and also being ignored when I say STOP!!!
                              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
                              X