So It Happened

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So It Happened

I do get annoyed with JW because they knock during mid day here which is when I'm asleep off my night shifts. Funnily enough when I lived in a worse area they never came. I ran into a couple Mormons two years ago. I work with homeless people in a rough part of the city. When the guys get low on money for alcohol they will convert to Christianity briefly til pay day. For the purposes of getting free food or money from a church that they can swop for alcohol. I was watching a camera and a resident shows up with two guys in suits with brief cases. I'm thinking these are like CID police and hes in trouble. I open the door and its two Mormons with matching suits, name tags and two bibles in each hand! They told me they'd been doing missionary work here for six years!!! Living on camp beds in a church. They said they were from Alaska. I told them to go back to Alaska and enjoy the life and the beautiful state. I also told the resident to walk them back to their car when he was done. They never came back. I was shocked Mormons in the UK lol. I'm guessing they were Mormon bibles
    I know JW have those crazy rules on not accepting other peoples blood in hospital because of a bible quote? They do love bombing and isolating people who join and don't conform..

Comment

JW's don't usually go door to door around here, perhaps because us New Jersians aren't really known for hospitality.

Anyway they like to Ambush people in parking lots. They literally wait in their cars and when they see people walking out they run over to then and hand them all sorts of reading material. On one occasion I was handed the papers to which I replied:
      " I really appreciate you sharing something with me, that is obviously so important to you. I'm not going to read this, but I thank you all the same. Take Care."

No Malice. You could tell she wanted to be angry, but had no actual reason to.

Comment

We get Mormons, JW's, Baptists and Evangelicals on our doorstep all the time. I simply tell all of them that I do not subscribe to their point of view and leave it at that. Since I have children I am forced to make all statements low key. If anything is out of the norm here in Wisconsin it is evil and requires intervention, as Social Services has taken kids away from Pagan parents for little things, and sadly, lies told to them. The zealots are in abundance here.
        There is beauty in darkness for those who dare enter the shadows to embrace it. - John Coughlin

Comment

Working...
        X