So It Happened

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So It Happened

My father used to keep a yamulka behind the front door on the hall table and put it on whenever he answered it to religious types. I don't know why exactly (although he did look very good in it, despite not being Jewish) but when he opened the door, smiled (part of his front tooth was missing) and asking, 'What is it already?' They always backed off.
    Most even apologised.
    I should add here however, about my father's other, unwitting party piece. He often fell asleep at his own parties, due to the effect of too much home made ale (which was legendary, but makes for another story.) When he was safely asleep one of us would part his hair on the side and stick some black insulating tape under his nose. He then became a dead ring for He Who Shall Not be Named (for fear of bringing down the wrath of Godwin's law)
    www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

I just don't answer the door. When I was a teenager, my mother used to let the Mormons in - they came in pairs and looked like Donny Osmond, so that was OK at the time!
      sigpic
      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
        yamulka
        I'm sorry, pardon my stupidity but what's a Vamulka?
        "In the shade now tall forms are advancing,
        And their wan hands like snowflakes in the moonlight are gleaming;
        They beckon, they whisper, 'Oh! strong armed in valor,
        The pale guests await thee - mead foams in Valhalla.'"
        - Finn's Saga

http://hoodednorseman.tumblr.com/

Comment

yarmulke,that little Jewish skull cap thing worn on the back of the head...head covering..
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
            I just don't answer the door. When I was a teenager, my mother used to let the Mormons in - they came in pairs and looked like Donny Osmond, so that was OK at the time!
            One time years ago two cute young Mormon guys in their white shirts and ties came to the door. Only because they were cute did I open the door and talk to them. I actually did want to invite them in and show them the Power of the Dark Side! :XD laugh::rofl:
            śivāya vishnu rūpaya śivaḥ rūpaya vishnave
            śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Comment

Originally posted by SeanRave View Post
              So instead, on market days, they have a stand with a few others going around on the market harassing people.
              I had a JW lady approach me at a filling station one morning. I was already running late for work, and here she came. Bear in mind, this was before 6am. She said, "Ma'am? Are you concerned about how the future will be for our children?" I said, "of course". And that's when she went into her Watchtower rant and started trying to force me to take a pamphlet. It was super frustrating, because I was trying to bow out gracefully, because I knew I'd be late for work. I wonder, since they believe only something like 144,000 will be in heaven anyway, why they are so convert-oriented.

Comment

Originally posted by Thorbjorn View Post
                One time years ago two cute young Mormon guys in their white shirts and ties came to the door. Only because they were cute did I open the door and talk to them. I actually did want to invite them in and show them the Power of the Dark Side! :XD laugh::rofl:
                I dated a cute young mormon guy. He stopped being cute when I said I thought women should be priests too. But he didn't mind my obsession with Marilyn manson.
                You remind me of the babe
                What babe?
                The babe with the power
                What power?
                The Power of voodoo
                Who do?
                You do!
                Do what?
                Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
                  I said I thought women should be priests too.
                  Utter blasphemy! How dare you speak up such revolting propositions?

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

I don't think I've ever been particularly bothered by JW's or any other fanatics. Maybe once, but I'm cute and am able to feign being late to something pretty well so I get by. :P

Comment

My ex-husband was raised Mormon - he left the church at a pretty young age, but in retrospect, I think a lot of damage was done.
                      sigpic
                      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I had a older women and a young girl knock on my door at 7 am a couple of days after my daughter was born. I guess it was a crying newborn, breastfeeding boobs with their own zip code in a nursing tank and zombie look that scare them away. The older lady said sorry and left after I opened the door.

Comment

When you tell them "I already have faith." JWs stop and just go away. It seems to be the quickest way to end the conversation

Comment

JW's don't come around my neighborhood often. The few times they have I've been very courteous and they have been back. If they see my tattoos its usually a kind exchange with them saying that God can help me if I need it and its never too late even though I've marked myself, then I say thank you I'll look into it, and they walk away.

Never a problem. Air conditioner salesmen are another story.
                            White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
                            sigpic
                            In Days of yore,
                            From Britain's shore
                            Wolfe the dauntless hero came
                            And planted firm Britannia's flag
                            On Canada's fair domain.
                            Here may it wave,
                            Our boast, our pride
                            And joined in love together,
                            The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
                            The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

So I just found out some weird news. I just assumed the housemates were JW because I see those pamphlets from time to time. Then they told me they go to the church down the street (I know of it because I cast my mail in vote there). It's a Baptist church! I live with Baptists all this time!
                              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Sometimes JWs (there are barely Christians in my area) come to our apartment and ask for some money. My mother always says there is none. Hehehe, I don't mind giving them a couple of shekels (local coin), but as for my mother...
                                "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Working...
                                X