Stranded On An Island

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stranded On An Island

It was a terrible accident, it really was. The plane you were traveling in had some serious malfunctions, and lost control mid-flight. Spiraling out of the air, the pilots tried everything they could to keep it from crashing into the deep waters of the ocean, but with no luck. The last thing you remember was the panic of men and women, and the tremendous sound of metal rupturing.
    You wake up quite alone on the shores of an island. You look around, and see tropical trees that extend off the shore for miles on end. You sit there in contemplation of what to do next, trying to keep yourself calm. All of sudden, out at sea, you see a bag floating in the water. You swim out furiously to get it, treading water. You grab it, and bring it back to the shore. Exhausted, you slump down onto the sand, with the bag clutched in your hand.
    You will be on this island for at least a year before help eventually comes. What 5 items would you need to survive in order to reach that mile stone? These 5 items will be found in the backpack that you pulled from the water.
    As well, later while traveling the island, you will encounter many wild animals. Further into the island, you will stumble upon a fresh water spring, many fruit trees, as well as hundreds of large boxes of something. These boxes must have been there from a failed drop off at some point in time, but they were vacuumed sealed, and left undamaged. What unlimited source of something would you find in the boxes to make your time on the island more suitable?
    Have fun friends!

my 5
    1. A hatchet
    2. A large knife
    3. A large canteen
    4. Large blocks of flint
    5. Fishing polls
    my unlimited source would be cartons upon cartons of cigarettes.
    "In the shade now tall forms are advancing,
    And their wan hands like snowflakes in the moonlight are gleaming;
    They beckon, they whisper, 'Oh! strong armed in valor,
    The pale guests await thee - mead foams in Valhalla.'"
    - Finn's Saga

http://hoodednorseman.tumblr.com/

Re: Stranded On An Island

A leatherman multi-purpose tool (specifically this one)
    A large cooking pot
    Hard core first aid kit (indluding scissors, tubing, splints, and a magnifying glass)
    Fishing tackle box with telescoping rod
    An axe (specifically the SOG tactical or Gerber has a knife-axe combo)

and books, piles of books.
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
      and books, piles of books.
      True, you would need a fire starter, those books would come in handy. Ahahaha
      - Finn's Saga

Comment

Originally posted by Norse_Angel View Post
        True, you would need a fire starter, those books would come in handy. Ahahaha

lol...if those left behind books are in there, I'll start with them.

Otherwise, I was hoping for a) a survival guide and b) a field guide for the region

I'm thinking the books were supposed to be going to the next island over (a mere 200 miles or so), a donation for their first local library.
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
          lol...if those left behind books are in there, I'll start with them.

Otherwise, I was hoping for a) a survival guide and b) a field guide for the region

I'm thinking the books were supposed to be going to the next island over (a mere 200 miles or so), a donation for their first local library.
          Perhaps you just find a bunch of military field books from WWII. Or Oprah's lost shipment of her biography.
          - Finn's Saga

Comment

This is an interesting premise,I will be back later after I ponder the whole idea.
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Perhaps you just find a bunch of military field books from WWII. Or Oprah's lost shipment of her biography.
              Hey, my fantasy boxes are going for library donations!!
              sigpic

Comment

One book for sure..field guide to poisonous plants with detailed pictures...a MUST have...
                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I'd feel I have enough common knowledge on the topic of poisonous plants. Don't eat this, don't touch that, don't breathe in this. Easy enough for me.
                  - Finn's Saga

Comment

1. A First Aid Kit, with enough materials to last a while, and extensive enough to be able to perform basic surgery.
                    2. A book on the flora of the tropical area I am in, and their medicinal and otherwise uses, as well as what is and is not edible and poisonous.
                    3. A 12-in-one multi-tool hatchet
                    4. A large pot, for basic cooking needs and sanitation.
                    5. An extra large notebook with pens

My unlimited supply of anything will be of textiles like warm clothes and blankets.

Comment

1 drugs. Pot but also lsd to trip ballz on staring at starfish.
                      2 survival kit (I'm cheating. Because I haz found loopholes) The kit will have everything I need!
                      3 a syringe with some form of annual birth control. Why, you ask?
                      4. Wolverine is in the giant human sized back pack.
                      5. Molson. Wolvie's fave

My unlimited supply box? Vacuum sealed pizza. All I need is to roast it on a fire.

Thank you for this. I've had a stressful week and this made me happy :^^:
                      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I'd feel I have enough common knowledge on the topic of poisonous plants. Don't eat this, don't touch that, don't breathe in this. Easy enough for me.
                        There are quite a few surprises out there actually. And a numer of plants that aren't poisonous poisonous, but will make you sicker than a dog if you don't prepare them properly or eat just the right parts. Especially if this is a tropical island.

But if its just coconuts, its all good.
                        sigpic

Comment

1. An emergency medical kit , like this
                          2. machete (better than an ax)
                          3. a magnifying glass (to start fires. much easier than flint)
                          4. a multipurpose tool like the leatherman Thalassa mentioned.
                          5. big cooking pot, like a spaghetti pot.

The never-ending supply would be a SMLE Mk 1 and .303s

I hate coconuts...

Some kind of edibles manual for the region would be real nice, but I can get along without it.
                          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                            1 drugs. Pot but also lsd to trip ballz on staring at starfish.
                            2 survival kit (I'm cheating. Because I haz found loopholes) The kit will have everything I need!
                            3 a syringe with some form of annual birth control. Why, you ask?
                            4. Wolverine is in the giant human sized back pack.
                            5. Molson. Wolvie's fave

My unlimited supply box? Vacuum sealed pizza. All I need is to roast it on a fire.

Thank you for this. I've had a stressful week and this made me happy :^^:
                            I think you won the game.
                            - Finn's Saga

Comment

Working...
                            X