This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting my head straight

Right now, I have a general idea of where I am going in life but things still feel pretty fuzzy.

You know when something really hurts your feelings and you cry so hard you hide away for
    a while and then you feel a sense of peace as you suck in air and dry your eyes?
    I guess I'm kind of at that place right now in my life.
    A calm after a big storm

I remind myself to be appreciative of the things I have. It can be a difficult thing to really fully
    comprehend when you are hurting. It helps

I am forcing myself to eat, somewhat. I am going through the motions, I am still alive
    I want to live in a calmer, more pleasant world. I don't know how to do that when I so often
    feel on guard.

If my head were on straighter, I might make more sense. Maybe

Re: Getting my head straight

It's good to share your thoughts and feelings during times like that, so, good on you for posting.

We've all been there. In my experience, life hands out HUGE learning curves every now and then. Some are easier to navigate than others. How we chose to deal with it helps to form who we are as people. The choices we have to make are new, and our responses to them are not instinctual because we've never come across them before. But, once we make that choice it becomes a part of who we grow to be. With each new curve/hurdle/challenge, the place where we stand in front of new choices becomes more familiar and therefore we become more confident in making those choices. In other words, it DOES get easier when these things happen.

My advice would be to do what feels good to you, right now. Pamper yourself, physically, mentally, and spiritually. I see you are in Druidry. Get out in nature. Connect! That always has a calming effect for me.

Oh, and...keep thinking...keep sharing....
    Allow me to lend a machete to your intellectual thicket. ~ Captain Jack Sparrow

sigpic

Comment

Re: Getting my head straight

It maybe that right. Try to do it in a month

Comment

Working...
      X