Life Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life Support

My brother-in-law was put in an induced coma and was put on life support yesterday. He contracted c diff and has bilateral pneumonia, and his kidneys and liver are failing, on top of a very compromised immune system.

Any thoughts and prayers to get him over the hump and back on the mend are greatly appreciated.
    Allow me to lend a machete to your intellectual thicket. ~ Captain Jack Sparrow

sigpic

Re: Life Support

I'm very sorry to hear this. Best wishes for him and for your family.
    “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
    ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
    ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear that. Prayers are heading your way.
      "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

He has my prayers too.
        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I'm very sorry to hear this. Sending positive energy over.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear this. Sending positive vibes and prayers!

Comment

I shall add him to my prayers tonight.

Comment

Love, blessings, and big welsh cwtches on their way. Hope he is better soon. X
                www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

I hope the last 24 hours have brought a change for the better. Prayers for your family.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

I'm sorry to hear this. Is there anything I can do to help comfort you?

Comment

Working...
                    X