Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: cat acting strangely....

Oct 2014
    Religion
    Hinduism with a dash of Heathenry

Re: cat acting strangely....

Quote Originally Posted by Nightingale View Post
    my mom just got home, and she suggested maybe it's my haircut? I got a haircut today that makes me look pretty different than I used to. also, maybe the shampoo that the hairdresser used makes me smell different?
    It might very well be the shampoo. When I take my dogs to the groomer, there is hissing and growling from the cat. And the three grew up together, play together, tease each other and are bonded as one "pack". When I bring the dogs home from the vet, same hissing and growling. And of course the dogs have to go investigate if he's ok, which only makes matters worse. Eventually it settles down, within about an hour or so. Some times they also get bored with their food and will get pissy. My female dog is doing that now, though the dogs are as gentle as lambs (Shih tzus). I have to coax her to eat and changed the food. She's still suspicious but she eats. If he's otherwise acting normal, I'd say he's just being cranky. If he's not acting otherwise normally, a call to the vet is in order.
    śivāya vishnu rūpaya śivaḥ rūpaya vishnave
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Nov 2013
    Religion
    Eclectic Pagan Witch
    Phrase
    respect existence or expect resistance

he seems fine with me now. I guess he just got spooked by something yesterday

thanks for all your help!

Oct 2010
    Religion
    stregheria

Cats are supposed to be very sensitive to spiritual things(good or bad) if a cat is acting up like that it might be they sensed something.(Just my take,I am a bit empathic with felines)
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

http://www.paganforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=186&dateline=1330020104

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Jul 2013
    Religion
    Kemetic reconstructionist, I guess... Solitary. devotee of Djehuty and Bast
    Phrase
    Rawr

Quote Originally Posted by anunitu View Post
    Cats are supposed to be very sensitive to spiritual things(good or bad) if a cat is acting up like that it might be they sensed something.(Just my take,I am a bit empathic with felines)
    Yes, that is very very true.
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

May 2015
    Religion
    Eclectic Pagan

Animals can do this with strange smells, sounds, people, etc. (Spirit/thing or not)

Something or someone could have been there as well, or they caught a wiff of something. Anger or uneasiness doesn't mean that it would be a bad thing either but something along the lines of "STRANGE THING WHAT IS THAT". Cat's also have really weird sight, they see things differently than we do. Like object distance and colors. That's why they'll stare at something or someone a while. Judging distance and identity.
    My cat takes a minute to make sure his water is in the bowel, tests it with his paws, then drinks. Or if someone tries to pet him and he sees them he's like, "WOAH IS THAT A HA- yeah it's a hand. Ok pet me human."

Supernatural or not (probably not), your pet couldn't quite make out what it was seeing and smelling so it's reaction was, "AHHHHH".
    Maybe it liked your hair and was saying, "YOU LOOK SO METAL, FRIEND! YELL WITH ME!" ;P
    I hope I'm making sense >///<

Nov 2013
    Religion
    Eclectic Pagan Witch
    Phrase
    respect existence or expect resistance

Quote Originally Posted by BlueRose View Post
    Animals can do this with strange smells, sounds, people, etc. (Spirit/thing or not)

Something or someone could have been there as well, or they caught a wiff of something. Anger or uneasiness doesn't mean that it would be a bad thing either but something along the lines of "STRANGE THING WHAT IS THAT". Cat's also have really weird sight, they see things differently than we do. Like object distance and colors. That's why they'll stare at something or someone a while. Judging distance and identity.
    My cat takes a minute to make sure his water is in the bowel, tests it with his paws, then drinks. Or if someone tries to pet him and he sees them he's like, "WOAH IS THAT A HA- yeah it's a hand. Ok pet me human."

Supernatural or not (probably not), your pet couldn't quite make out what it was seeing and smelling so it's reaction was, "AHHHHH".
    Maybe it liked your hair and was saying, "YOU LOOK SO METAL, FRIEND! YELL WITH ME!" ;P
    I hope I'm making sense >///<
    yeah, that makes sense. and he hasn't done it again since. I'm thinking it was probably the shampoo smell. the hairdresser uses a different kind than I normally use, so I always kind of smell different on haircut days. and this time, my haircut is different than it usually is (I got it a lot shorter than I've done before.) so it could be a visual thing too.

"WHO ARE YOU, IS THAT- is that you, but... YOU SMELL DIFFERENT" type thing