This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Could this be some sort of sign...?

Hello, I'm new here so I hope this is the right place for this.

Last night I spent a lot of time reading about various aspects of Paganism on here and on other sites; I joined here last night for instance.

And then this afternoon, I went out in the backyard and found a dead bird (with some of its innards exposed--lovely). I wasn't quite sure what to do so I got a shovel and scooped it up and then sent it over the fence. No, not into a neighbor's yard, there is an area on the side of my house which is no one's property or home, haha.

I've seen dead animals several times before but for some reason this occasion felt different; like the feelings I had were different. I guess what made me wonder if it was some sort of sign is partly the timing with last night, as well as just the fact that I sort of felt for the bird, somehow. I don't really know how to explain it.

In case it matters, the bird was black and white; looked like white wings, predominantly black back and white underneath; head looked black and white. It's in California. I thought it could be a magpie possibly but not sure.

Re: Could this be some sort of sign...?

If you feel there is meaning in this for you, then there is. Without fretting too much about the source of meaning, just consider what it means for you, why it had a different feeling to you. There was, apparently, something about the experience that resonated with what you have going on in your head right now, and that always bears exploration. imo, of course.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

Well, considering your connection to the Northern traditions, and that fact that magpies are corvids and thus related to ravens ...

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
        Well, considering your connection to the Northern traditions, and that fact that magpies are corvids and thus related to ravens ...
        Haha! Come to think of it, I did hear a raven croaking some days ago.

@nbdy - thanks for your response!

Comment

That is interesting about birds. Right after I joined this forum & started on this path I was in my backyard & noticed a commotion over by my fence. Walking over, I saw two brilliant blue birds flopping all over each other. Copulating, I imagine. They would fly around in a circle, then land on the ground & start again. I stood about 6-8 feet from these birds & they paid no attention to me at all. I've never seen birds do this & almost laughed out loud at the site of it. Interesting....

Comment

Sounds like a magpie to me. And I love birds for that same reason... They're just so.... magical and smart. Almost every time I do some sort of ritual work, a black or silver bird would appear near my window. It happens so often that I always see birds as an omen. So maybe it's the same for you too! Go with your instinct
            My Divination Shop

Comment

Working...
            X