Owl Woman??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Owl Woman??

I'm wondering what others think of this, I'm normally not one to ascribe significance to dream characters, but this is weird:

I had a dream at a very dark time in my life when I was emotionally a mess.

This old woman with white hair appeared before me-she had a face that kept morphing between that of an owl and that of an old woman with long white hair. She stared directly into my eyes, and did not speak. She began to put her hand on my forehead between my eyebrows, and pulled out this black smoke/vapor. I could feel the tug of her pulling this out of me, and the feeling was quite intense.

Then she turned and disappeared, and I woke up.

I noticed my mood lifted over the next few days, and had an overall sense of wellbeing.

So what was that? Just a dream? Something else?

Re: Owl Woman??

It's hard to say. Usually you should know it yourself, once you do some research about it. At first I thought about Athena when you mentioned the owl. But when you said white hair, I thought about the Norse paganism.
    But maybe it was just a woman from our world who somehow entered your dream world.

In any case I suggest you do some research. I think you'll feel it when you find the right thing. Usually the energy of that person remains in your brain. Best of luck!
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I am, quite literally an owl woman. Tylluan is Welsh for 'owl'.
      www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

I think you're the only one who can know if you feel like it has helped you, well, it porbably has. maybe it was just your subconcience at work helping you, maybe an outside force... You could try to meditate on it to see if you can connect to it again, or you could just say thank you and let it be that all up to what you feel is right.
        You remind me of the babe
        What babe?
        The babe with the power
        What power?
        The Power of voodoo
        Who do?
        You do!
        Do what?
        Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
          I think you're the only one who can know if you feel like it has helped you, well, it porbably has. maybe it was just your subconcience at work helping you, maybe an outside force... You could try to meditate on it to see if you can connect to it again, or you could just say thank you and let it be that all up to what you feel is right.
          I second Iris here. It's a very nice opinion.
          "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Gleb, you mentioned Norse paganism, and the only thing that comes to mind is Snorta. Many folks may not even think of her as a goddess, but she is matronly figure connected to Frigg and k own to be clever and wise. Thus, possibly an owl connection.

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
              Gleb, you mentioned Norse paganism, and the only thing that comes to mind is Snorta. Many folks may not even think of her as a goddess, but she is matronly figure connected to Frigg and k own to be clever and wise. Thus, possibly an owl connection.
              Maybe it's her, I don't know. It just seemed to me possible that such a figure existed in Norse paganism.

Comment

Sounds a bit like Cailleach to me.
                The owl or ‘Cailleach oidhche’ is sacred to her and is also associated with death, the underworld, magic and the ability to see spirits.The owl or ‘Cailleach oidhche’ is sacred to her and is also associated with death, the underworld, magic and the ability to see spirits.
                baah.

Comment

Another thing I feel I must point out is that in many cultures around the world, owls are considered bad news for one reason or another except in a few cases such as Athena or their association with Lakshmi.

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
                    I am, quite literally an owl woman. Tylluan is Welsh for 'owl'.
                    Perhaps you were channeling Tylluan... >.>

Comment

So...does it matter?

I mean, whether its your subconscious or something *else*, you feel better, right? So thank the Universe at large for the helping hand and enjoy!

Sometimes we get too hung up, I think, on the *way* something has happened. I'd suggest that often it doesn't (or shouldn't) matter. (don't get me wrong, there are absoultely times where we need to be concerend with the methodology, but I don't think this is one of them!)
                      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                      sigpic

Comment

That's a good point. I will admit owls are an obsession of mine. For some reason I feel drawn to them and think they are beautiful creatures-I don't know why I have such an owl addiction. I follow several owl pages on fb and my wall usually has an owl pic posted.

Comment

Working...
                        X