This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A lone path can be full of Thorns

Hello all. I go by Allen Rider as my connections with my birth name have been severed and I am still looking for my Magikal name, but I guess I will be Saruteku on the forums.

In short, I am rather young, only 23, and my life's journey has been full of darkness. I have been homeless, isolated, abused, labeled insane, abandoned, all kinds of things that many believe I didn't deserve and many say would have made them give up. My dad's side have branded me demonic, even before I learned about the pagan faiths, back when I though Christian and Catholic were the only options as I never believed that a loving god would ever punish us eternally in hell for our choices, especially if they are all powerful and already know our future. It felt as if life was a test you could not pass as he puts all the trials and sadness in your path and expects you to love him nonstop. I refused to worship something that seemed so cruel. I never felt I fit in with my dad's side of the family and my mom left when I was 5.

Funny enough while watching cartoons Scooby Doo and the Witches Ghost came on and that is when I first heard about Wicca. I looked up as much as I could and decided it sounded more like me than the faith I was forced to follow. I really started getting into it when I left my family and joined the military and found out Wicca was one of the religions I was allowed to go to, but things got bad again and when I left the military I moved in with someone that was scared about anything pagan, thinking I would curse them or something. I stopped all of my study and forgot a lot of it. Even throwing away my old books and the Book of Shadows I had at the time.

Now I am in a better place. I have found my mom and she has made it clear that my outer struggles are over. I will not know what it is like to be homeless, or hungry, or alone as long as she could help, but that is only half of the problem. Recently I have not felt right, and when I started having bad dreams I found I needed to reopen my faith, to reawaken the part of me that fought threw all of the bad times and that believed even when there was no reason to. I am a solitary apprentice that has returned to try and reignite the spark I lost when I gave up. Only problem is Pagan is such a big word and I'm not even sure where my faith is based on, though I guess that's the real beauty of it, to forge my own path, one made just for me, even if it crosses someone elses I chose the path to meet another.

I guess that was a good enough Introduction and that I should save the rest for other posts. I look foward to talking to others and growing with everyone.

Re: A lone path can be full of Thorns

Welcome to the forum! I'm so sorry about the struggles that you have had. Usually we forge our own paths. We can make our own paths. So don't worry if you are still discovering your faith. Blessings.
    Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Hello and welcome to Pagan Forum. Your story is unfortunate, and I am sorry to read that you were treated thusly. Its good that you've landed somewhere better for you to start your path from!
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

You sound like you have faced a lot of adversity in your young life. Everything happens for a reason, I don't believe in accident or coincidence. The Gods made you what you are, gave you the life you have for a reason. Every struggle you experience is molding you and shaping you to be a stronger person. Good luck to you....

Comment

Thank you for the greetings.

To Borgia
          I always believed this. After all, I have seen a lot of good come from it, such as since I have been so low it is easier for me to help others with problems and I never want others to feel bad. I've been wanting to be a healer both mentally and spiritually as I can't stand a sad face if I can do something to fix it. The problem just came up when I felt trapped in a situation for so long I just suppressed my desired until I ended up locking them away and getting used to just being. I don't like feeling void.
          Last edited by Saruteku; 14 Jun 2015, 07:09. Reason: Add thanks

Comment

Welcome to the forum.

Comment

Working...
            X