Midsummer Fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Midsummer Fun

So in my hemisphere, Midsummer is coming up in a few days.

I was wondering if any other fellow Kemetics (or anyone else really) have any rituals/practices/traditions they'd like to share with me, to give me some new ideas this year. I have some relatively new pagans joining me and I'd like to try and do something that a group can do without knowing a ton of Ancient Egyptian mythos and such. I know a lot of Isiacs celebrate Midsummer as a time when Sothis is preparing to return (or has already returned, depending.) Should I just stick with that?

Anyway, just looking for some new ideas!

Re: Midsummer Fun

I'm not Kemetic...so take this with a grain of salt...but I generally celebrate Midsummer as a celebration of the sun. Its at its peak, so...go Ra?

This year the kiddos and I (since dad isn't here for another month) are making a giant sunwheel (basically a giant, multi-sticked ojo de dios in yellow and orange).
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
      I'm not Kemetic...so take this with a grain of salt...but I generally celebrate Midsummer as a celebration of the sun. Its at its peak, so...go Ra?

This year the kiddos and I (since dad isn't here for another month) are making a giant sunwheel (basically a giant, multi-sticked ojo de dios in yellow and orange).
      A sun wheel is actually a pretty decent idea - the others are really into arts and crafts stuff. I wonder if I could find sparklers anywhere this time of year....

Comment

I can't really say anything, but I do know that Wep Ronpet (a Kemetic holiday) is coming near.

Comment

Originally posted by LearningMan View Post
          I can't really say anything, but I do know that Wep Ronpet (a Kemetic holiday) is coming near.
          Oh dear... I completely forgot Wep Ronpet.... Not even mentioning the demon days...

For those who are interested, here are some links connected to rituals and Kemetic holidays:

https://thetwistedrope.wordpress.com...ffering-guide/ - in case you work with a Netjer
          https://thetwistedrope.wordpress.com...onpet-a-guide/ - Wep Ronpet, right on time.
          http://wepwawet.org/wiki/index.php?t...metic_Calendar - Kemetic holidays, in general.
          "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

We have something called sankt hans aften in Denmark on june 23rd where we make bonfires to ward off evil and celebrate midsummer... newer tradition dictates the burning of a witch doll, I'm not quite sure where it comes from - though all kids know that we are sending them back to blocksbjerg (a place in germany, again, don't know why). So here, bonfire
            You remind me of the babe
            What babe?
            The babe with the power
            What power?
            The Power of voodoo
            Who do?
            You do!
            Do what?
            Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by iris View Post
              We have something called sankt hans aften in Denmark on june 23rd where we make bonfires to ward off evil and celebrate midsummer... newer tradition dictates the burning of a witch doll, I'm not quite sure where it comes from - though all kids know that we are sending them back to blocksbjerg (a place in germany, again, don't know why). So here, bonfire
              I will definitely be having a bonfire, if these insane rains/flooding ever let up! At this rate, Midsummer is going to be so clouded I won't ever see the sun!

But thank you LearningMan and Gleb for the links and the reminders! It's nice to have other people who remember these things when I forget....

Comment

Working...
              X