This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking to the Stars

Hello. My name is Paige and I am 21 years old. Not that I find age important but when making an introduction it feels like an appropriate thing to add.
    I am here because I have come to a point in my life where I feel the need to label what I am, who I am, and why I am.
    I was born into a family of five in a larger city in Ohio. A mom and a dad and two sisters. Growing up I was baptised into the Catholic church. I spent my childhood in a private Catholic school and every Sunday was spent in church. I never felt like I belonged and I spent most days daydreaming about being anywhere than I actually was. What they taught was not what I believed to be true. I don't want to get much into my past though because I think the past should only be used as a tool to grow and learn.
    When I began attending college I took many classes on many different religions both western and eastern. Most seemed to have the same principles. Treat others with kindness. Still I never felt that any of these were "true". I dropped out of college two years in and lost myself. I lived every day with no purpose. With no actual reason to live. I would tell my friends that I am here on this earth because if I did die my mother would be crushed.
    Every night I looked to the stars and I saw something I could never quite explain. I felt an energy pulsing threw the stars. I never felt more peaceful than when I was outside looking to the sky.
    After hearing about paganism from a friend I wanted to do my own research on the subject. Many people I have read about say that finding paganism feels like "coming home" and I too have felt this homecoming. I am here on this site because I want to communicate with others who share the same knowledge. I want to learn from those who may know more. I want to share in this part of my life and I look forward to doing that with some of you.
    I hope you are having an amazing day.
    -Paige

Re: Looking to the Stars

Welcome to the forum!
    "All right, new rule: no evil laughter before breakfast." -my mother

Comment

Welcome! That was a beautiful religious experience! Sometimes the world seems overwhelming and impersonal, with too many people falling through the cracks or getting caught in the machinery. Then, if we're lucky, we have an experience like yours and realise that there are powers out there, Gods, who actually care.

Comment

Welcome to the forum!
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

Greetings, and welcome to the forum, Paige.
          "By yarrow and rue, and my redcap too."

Comment

Nice to meet you. Hope you like it here.
            夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Welcome to the forum!
              Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

That's exactly how I feel when I look up at the night sky. The cosmos is the holiest thing I can think of-I am continually amazed that the elements that make up my being come from the stars-they are our family, literally.

Comment

I have a similar feeling when I see the night sky. Just that awe-inspiring feeling at just how massive a thing it is, and yet also the shear beauty of it. Anyways, welcome to the forum~! :3

Comment

Working...
                  X