Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the meaning to it all, temptation from the left hand path

Well good day, evening, night to you.

I have been so confused recently regarding what I believe in, I am constantly reading about all the different beliefs. Now I feel like I am unsure of what is real to the very being of me.

I am not sure what's going on, I am more interested to the whole left hand path way of doing things, I haven't really converted (if I might call it that) to the opposite of what I think I believe in.. but I am tempted to delve into the other side (left hand paths), but I guess I am a bit afraid of what I might discover...

I guess what I am getting at is.. I need advise on how to progress through this trap I am stuck in ..

it would be nice to get perspective from a left hand practitioners' take on the above?

thank you in advance!

Re: the meaning to it all, temptation from the left hand path

Before I moved to the left hand path, I had to be vigilant in finding out what I did believe. Which is hard when you are confused and getting all sorts of information from various sources. For me, the best thing was to first burn away and rid myself of all the things I didn't believe in. That I held false and untrue. Only then could I go toward a path and not running from a path. You need a clean slate first. You do not, nor should not need a path to tell you what you first believe in. That's just a sheep in a different cloth. Ask yourself what you believe. What is important to you. Your values. What you deem wrong and right and just. Then look toward a path that follows YOUR views, not the other way around.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

IMO, this is what you should do LHP, or not:

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
      Before I moved to the left hand path, I had to be vigilant in finding out what I did believe. Which is hard when you are confused and getting all sorts of information from various sources. For me, the best thing was to first burn away and rid myself of all the things I didn't believe in. That I held false and untrue. Only then could I go toward a path and not running from a path. You need a clean slate first. You do not, nor should not need a path to tell you what you first believe in. That's just a sheep in a different cloth. Ask yourself what you believe. What is important to you. Your values. What you deem wrong and right and just. Then look toward a path that follows YOUR views, not the other way around.
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

by ridding oneself from what you don't believe in, how do you go about doing that ? should I also rid myself of anything I hold as true to my beliefs? I hope these questions won't come off as stupid.. I just need another perspective. . I have always thought of just burning away all my believe and unbelief but never knew how to go about it

Comment

Originally posted by motherearth View Post
          by ridding oneself from what you don't believe in, how do you go about doing that ? should I also rid myself of anything I hold as true to my beliefs? I hope these questions won't come off as stupid.. I just need another perspective. . I have always thought of just burning away all my believe and unbelief but never knew how to go about it
          On a piece of paper write all the things related to this you believe to be true.
          And then write what you don't believe is true.

This sounds easy. This will take you a long time. And it should. You may find answers you weren't even looking for.

People now a days want a journey to be A to B and to be over in a week.
          We are talking about the most fundamental beliefs you have. THE very thing you hold to be true of your world. Don't rush it. Question everything. Listen a lot and absorb before you make a statement of your belief. If you want, list things you believe and don't right here. We won't judge.
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
            On a piece of paper write all the things related to this you believe to be true.
            And then write what you don't believe is true.

This sounds easy. This will take you a long time. And it should. You may find answers you weren't even looking for.

People now a days want a journey to be A to B and to be over in a week.
            We are talking about the most fundamental beliefs you have. THE very thing you hold to be true of your world. Don't rush it. Question everything. Listen a lot and absorb before you make a statement of your belief. If you want, list things you believe and don't right here. We won't judge.
            Medusa makes fun of it...but...

Try starting here. Its not comprehensive...but its a place to begin.
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

It's important to remember that LHP are very individualistic and stress the ideals that your path is personal, not universal. LHP strongly encourage free thought, logic, skepticism, and questioning everything rather than blindly following any set of rules or adhering to dogma. The idea that "everyone must _____" or "no one should _____" are completely at odds with LHP. Again, it's individualistic and highly reliant on the 'follower' to decide for themselves what is not cognitively dissonant with their personal values, morals, and standards (and what makes the most sense).

So, when you say
              Originally posted by motherearth View Post
              ...I guess I am a bit afraid of what I might discover...
              you need only worry about what is in your own mind. LHP have been known to be taboo from 'right-handed path followers,' primarily for the LHP's acceptance of various unorthodox methods, such as blood magic, sex magic, challenging societal norms and living in direct opposition to them, etc. Furthermore, LHP tends not to separate 'mind, body, and spirit,' viewing humans as whole and complete and not inherently sinful when we indulge in pleasures without shame. However, it should be noted that, while LHP tend to attract those interested in the occult, there is no shame in adhering to a LHP philosophy without the bells and whistles of magic. Myself, for example, do not use rituals or spells very often, but I view the world through LHP glasses, so to speak. It interpenetrates every part of my life without being a religion to me.

So, to start, I'd ask myself these three questions: Do I believe in deities of any kind? Do I believe in Satan or do I simply admire the character? Am I interested in practicing magic?
              No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Working...
              X