Damn me and my spine!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Damn me and my spine!

I must have missed this too when it was posted. I'm in the high risk category for potential back problems, because of my line of work, and the thought of it scares me witless. Hope you recover quickly.

Damn our stupid upright posture.. spines weren't made with that in mind...
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
      I am with you on using pain killers,to much and they tend not to work as well. I mainly only take them when really BAD pain hits. If you are in constant pain,then you have to take them on a schedule for sure. (There is also the constipation issue with heavy pain meds)
      I'm on pain killers for my spine but it's sort of interesting to me. I get a blood test and urine test through the VA at random times to ensure I'm taking the pills and have an appropriate amount in my system at any time. To much your in trouble, to little your in trouble by their standards. Yep Oxycodone (percuset), Tramadal and Naproxen prescribed. Been that way for years now and go to an appointment last week and the PA tells me I shouldn't have been taking both the Oxy and Tram at the same times as they both are processed through the kidneys.

Sort of funny though when people think you should be high from taking the pills yet your not. Sorry the pills tend not to get you high just sort of dulls the pain or sometimes stops it for a short period of time. Yet always hear how they would be high as a kite if they were taking them. Sometimes I swear being high would be a blessed relief but it doesn't work that way when your in pain.
      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

I only limit pain meds because I have found for me at least they work less if I take them to long..But then I am talking moderate to severe back pain,and only happens sometimes,2 times a year,and lasts about a week..
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I only limit pain meds because I have found for me at least they work less if I take them to long..But then I am talking moderate to severe back pain,and only happens sometimes,2 times a year,and lasts about a week..
          I can agree with that. I try to take them only when I have to, so do have periods where I take maybe 1 a day vice the 3 or 4 combinations. Definitely makes life interesting at times and quality of life can be a real issue. Sometimes it helps to talk about it but it also seems that many times it turns into a my pain is worse than your pain type discussions or appears that way to me.

It's like I get to go through another pain clinic because the last one didn't get into my VA medical records so they have to do it again. The last one really couldn't answer me when I asked how to handle the pain their way when my legs go numb and I collapse because they are no longer there. That or how to handle the fireball that burns in your spine and the back plays crack the whip as nerves misfire or overfire and you look like some sort of bouncy head dog in the back of a car. Sorry shouldn't have said any of that as this thread is not about me.

Sorry B. de Corbin hope you feel better soon.
          I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Thanks, all.

I took Valium for a day after (hate that stuff - spent an entire day without a single thought going through my head), and the pain dullers for another day (yeah - no high, just less hurt), and by today I'm fine & cleaning out the garage...

Until next time...
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Yup..and pain is more a personal thing. I have a high tolerance,up to a point,and depends on the type of pain...Nerve pain(think tooth and root pain) is almost the worst for me. Back is more immobility than constant pain. I think also pain is increased if you are in a down mood.
              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Yup..and pain is more a personal thing. I have a high tolerance,up to a point,and depends on the type of pain...Nerve pain(think tooth and root pain) is almost the worst for me. Back is more immobility than constant pain. I think also pain is increased if you are in a down mood.
                I know where you're coming from, Anunitu.

I've been beaten, broken, and slashed more times than I care to remember, but that back pain and some tooth-related jaw pain I've had gets into the screaming intolerable range.
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Hope you feel better, B. Being in pain all or most of the time sucks.
                  sigpic
                  Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Working...
                  X