Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thank you for the advice, this is what happened.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thank you for the advice, this is what happened.......

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
    CrystalJackel, with the technique you've described, the problem of causing what one should be allowing is typically the major problem. It takes practice.

The advice I can give you is to practice a relaxing meditation, where you count breathes (usually to 7). When you find yourself going off focus, relax extra hard, and let your anticipation just ride.

The attitude you want to cultivate is one in which you a quietly, calmly, waiting - but not for anything in particular, or with any feelings of expectation.

Once you find that that state of mind be courses easier, then allow yourself to watch the images that take place internally. What you see something you haven't called up yourself, gently put your attention on the thing, and watch, follow, or interact as seemed appropriate.

Always being carefully to avoid applying conscious intent.
    Yes, I see what you mean. Thank you so much! I was trying to, but hehe, my mind half shutting up is a miracle in itself.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
    There is a concept of "Being in the moment" or as Ram Dass would put it "Be here now" it is a state of mind where the future has not arrived,and the past has vanished,and all you really have is this second in time to deal with..
    First, your signature is amazing and I never noticed.

Secondly, ah, good advice, I have a hard time with that though. I have a hard time letting go of the past.... I dwell on my mistakes far too long........
    Love me for who I am, not for who you want me to be.

Comment

Why don't you give guided meditation a try to begin with? That's how I learnt to visualise when I was around your age. These days you don't even need to buy CD's (luckily, because some are terrible and I wasted quite a bit of money on them back in the day), you can find literally hundreds of them on youtube.

This one is a nice basic one to start you off with;

Or you can fish around for something that catches your eye. I would advise listening to it first so you know what to expect. I'd just suggest going for something short and simple until you get used to it.

That way, you don't need to worry about 'doing it wrong', because some one will be talking you through the process.
      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
        Why don't you give guided meditation a try to begin with? That's how I learnt to visualise when I was around your age. These days you don't even need to buy CD's (luckily, because some are terrible and I wasted quite a bit of money on them back in the day), you can find literally hundreds of them on youtube.

This one is a nice basic one to start you off with;

Or you can fish around for something that catches your eye. I would advise listening to it first so you know what to expect. I'd just suggest going for something short and simple until you get used to it.

That way, you don't need to worry about 'doing it wrong', because some one will be talking you through the process.
        Thank you for the suggestion!
        I actually have heard of guided meditation- I don't want to try one at first because I think I'd be too nervous to get too much into it. I will eventually try it, just probably later on in time.

Comment

I do not know your birth sign,but I will mention mine,I am Pisces,and it is said that this sign is the sign of dreamers. I have mostly always meditated even with no idea that was what it was.
          I once had a shrink say,you live mostly within your own mind,and are not completely attached to reality. I can at times(others have told me this) completely blank out,and because of its nature,even I was not aware I did this. There is a term "dissociation",it can be a sign of trauma(physical,mental,perhaps spiritual) What they say it is,is a way to flee from memories or triggers from those traumas. I did not suffer an abusive childhood,so for me I think it is from a spiritual event. I once attended a Buddhist class on meditation with a friend that was a LONG time student of meditation. When we begin the session,my friend remarked "How did you do that so fast",He had struggled to allow himself to enter meditation,and I just went in as I always did. As I have seen,some of us just seem to let go,and others are afraid. There is a thing about divorcing yourself from attachments in life. B. De. may be able to explain the concept better because he follows the Buddha.

Kind of the secret is learning to let go,and let the spirit move you.
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
            I do not know your birth sign,but I will mention mine,I am Pisces,and it is said that this sign is the sign of dreamers. I have mostly always meditated even with no idea that was what it was.
            I once had a shrink say,you live mostly within your own mind,and are not completely attached to reality. I can at times(others have told me this) completely blank out,and because of its nature,even I was not aware I did this. There is a term "dissociation",it can be a sign of trauma(physical,mental,perhaps spiritual) What they say it is,is a way to flee from memories or triggers from those traumas. I did not suffer an abusive childhood,so for me I think it is from a spiritual event. I once attended a Buddhist class on meditation with a friend that was a LONG time student of meditation. When we begin the session,my friend remarked "How did you do that so fast",He had struggled to allow himself to enter meditation,and I just went in as I always did. As I have seen,some of us just seem to let go,and others are afraid. There is a thing about divorcing yourself from attachments in life. B. De. may be able to explain the concept better because he follows the Buddha.

Kind of the secret is learning to let go,and let the spirit move you.
            Ah, I see.. thank you so much! I'm a daydreamer, It's not hard for me to visualize things within my head. Letting go, now that's something I can't do as easily......

Comment

Originally posted by CrystalJackal View Post
              I know.......... contrary to apparently popular belief, I DO look through the forums, and I DO read. I look through the forums I just never find an answer......... I try and look online....... I never find an answer.......... I just never find an answer................

I had three times more questions than what I've posted..... I found the answer to those by reading........ I spent hours trying to find the answers to the questions I posted here but I never found them........ so I asked here........

I try, but I always find a way to screw up.......
              I'm sorry.
              You say "I'm sorry" too much.
              Take life easily and go on. Everything is alright.
              "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
                You say "I'm sorry" too much.
                Take life easily and go on. Everything is alright.
                My mom always tells me that- I apologize constantly, hehehe ^^' I get so nervous
                Thank you so much though ;;

Comment

Working...
                X