inappropriate people are inappropriate and clueless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

inappropriate people are inappropriate and clueless

*sigh. Let me start by stating I'm a Satanist. More importantly I'm an atheist. I live in a theistic world. I have my strong and bold and unwavering views and opinions and beliefs about the world I live in. I also know how to conduct myself like a decent human being.

This woman was in a crowd waiting to see the Pope. She got close enough so that the gaurds saw her. Her and her dungarees. And her sheer shirt. With her big fat fake boobs poking out for all to see. Because you know, the Pope, he loves the tatas.
    I get it. Right to wear whatever you want. That doesn't mean you don't have a consequence for that. I can already hear the peanut gallery. She's more than her breasts! Breasts are wonderful! She's trying to clear her sins! Don't judge her.

Now imagine a man wearing sheer leggings to see the Pope. His schlong visible to all and you can tell what religion he is.

Whatever happened to believing what you want but having respect for others? I get some see him as just a dude. Great. So when someone disrespects your holy people, you would be ok with it? This is wrong.

I don't even need a ph effing D to see how this is wrong. What is wrong with people?

The holy sauce
    Satan is my spirit animal

Re: inappropriate people are inappropriate and clueless

She was apparently deliberately trying to make a scene* and has a history of doing so. I'd consider conjuring up some form of effort to make a case one way or another if that weren't the case but she deliberately tried tried to create a spectacle in a large crowd near a head of state so yes she can be marched out of the area by security.

* Okay, I'll be nice. The article doesn't have her saying she wanted to create a spectacle but I have a tendency to operate on the principle that "sufficiently advanced stupidity is indistinguishable from malice". She had other options in how to appear. She chose one that would have predictably bad results and she has a history for gaining press attention via stupid stunts. She has achieved sufficiently advanced stupidity or she's actively malicious.
    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

That's just blatant disrespect. Ugh.
      sigpic
      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Oh dear. I guess the lady was just an attention whore.

Comment

Completely disrespectful. I don't really know if modesty exists anymore.

People like this annoy me so effing much it's not even funny. It's like they have no idea of boundaries or the innocence of children. My sister's like this (Keep in mind she's 13). The other day she came downstairs and her shirt was cut so low on the sides and front you could see her entire bra, top and bottom. And she can wear that, but if I come downstairs with a modest black corset top on and a long black skirt my mother makes me go upstairs and change, because that makes total sense.
          EDIT:
          WAIT WHAT. I just saw in that article that a couple of pilots let her TAKE THE CONTROLS of a PASSENGER FLIGHT. WTF. This lady needs to I don't even know. Learn to act like a properly raised human?
          Love me for who I am, not for who you want me to be.

Comment

So yeh,disrespect..BUT I am thinking Duce,you might be just a tad bit more conventional than you portray. Not a bad thing,just interesting. I am not in any way catholic,not even slightly christian except for my being exposed to it growing up. I do understand respect..Jeans and boots and kinda normal work cloths,because this Pope kinda knows working class people,but as you described being an exhibitionist,not even close to being ok. There are Catholic churches here in the US that do a very casual mass with working class kinds of people..Not so much the dress up in your Sunday best to approach GOD(God as I understand it can see through your fine cloths)

Veered a little toward off topic,but now I am looking at you with a more practiced eye..The lady is deeper than she seems at first glance....
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I don't know what is wrong with people today Medusa. It's like these kids wearing their pants below their butts to show their boxers and underwear. Do you really want that kind of attention? We don't want to see your butt or underwear!
              Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
                I don't know what is wrong with people today Medusa. It's like these kids wearing their pants below their butts to show their boxers and underwear. Do you really want that kind of attention? We don't want to see your butt or underwear!
                What's funny, to me anyway, is when they discover that was a signal they were available for sex while in prison. Some of the excuses I've heard on that one when they try to weasel their way out of that knowledge. Talk about the village hoe. Never did figure out though if it was the same meaning in the women's prison system nor did the special report on TV go into that aspect.

- - - Updated - - -

Regarding the OP's original topic while I think the model was going over the top to me it does raise a secondary question or observation. That being the Catholic Church is still insisting their is a proper dress code for it's member's to meet it's officials. Wonder if Jesus actually turned anyone away from his ministry because of how they were dressed? One might think the story of the whore who washes his feet with her hair and tears would sort of suggest there is no proper or improper dress for meeting GOD or Jesus much less their earthly spokesman. Of course just my opinion.
                I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
                  What's funny, to me anyway, is when they discover that was a signal they were available for sex while in prison.
                  Actually, that is NOT true. The only part of it that is is that it did result in prison. It all started because of the lack of proper sizing (or care for proper sizing) in the prisons, so that those locked up would have to figure out a way to wear their pants sagging, constantly pull them up, or go so far as to tie the fabric into a knot if they were big enough since belts were not allowed. After those guys got out, it sort of became a symbol of their time in the joint. So yeah, it has nothing to do with asking for sex, or anything like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
                    Actually, that is NOT true. The only part of it that is is that it did result in prison. It all started because of the lack of proper sizing (or care for proper sizing) in the prisons, so that those locked up would have to figure out a way to wear their pants sagging, constantly pull them up, or go so far as to tie the fabric into a knot if they were big enough since belts were not allowed. After those guys got out, it sort of became a symbol of their time in the joint. So yeah, it has nothing to do with asking for sex, or anything like that.
                    I stand corrected. Well semi-corrected anyway it did start in prison. Still gets some interesting looks when you tell some young kid that and they sort of tremble and stutter at the idea.
                    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Yes and no. Who decides what is appropriate and what is not? I mean, a friend of mine was once told she couldn't take communion at Mass because she was wearing trousers and wearing something never intended for her gender was disrespectful. 'Well how come the priest is wearing a dress?' she asked.
                      She had a point.

I went to a school with extreme and rather draconian dress rules. I was extremely good at flouting them without actually breaking any rules. I still can, if I have to.

Part of the problem is that those making the rules don't really think them through properly. If you demand that someone wears (or doesn't wear) a particular item of clothing, then you really have to think through the loopholes. To give an example, another friend of mine was once turned away from a restaurant because he wasn't wearing a tie.
                      'But I am wearing a tie,' he protested.
                      'No you aren't.'
                      'Yes I am. It's here, holding up my trousers.'
                      He still didn't get in. But he had a valid point. All the rules required was that he should wear a tie. Not where it should be worn.

For me, clothing does not require I conform to other people's ideas of modesty. The way I dress is mostly for comfort (think ageing shabby hippy with a touch of schoolmistress) and not in order to pay respect to others. I don't show much bare skin because I am now at high risk of skin cancer. I wear trousers because they are comfortable and warm. I wear mittens almost all year round to prevent my hands turning blue (on top of everything else, I have Raynaud's).

However... if someone asks me nicely, to dress a certain way because... then I have a choice. I covered up in Muslim countries, (and Greek orthodox ones), and when I chose not to dress that way, I didn't go to those places. My choice. Yea or Nay.

The problem - for me - is that some people seem to go insane with power. They make all sorts of rules just because they can. Clothing is a sort of power. Making and breaking these rules are just two sides of the same coin.
                      www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Although I'm totally against making public nudity illegal, there's a time and a place for everything. Seeing the Pope is not a good time to be topless.

I'm not a fan of conforming to other people's ideals, but sometimes, it's necessary. Like, if you want to go to many of the historic churches in Greece, you'd better bring something to cover your head. In Italy, you should cover your shoulders. That's just how it is. I respect that those are their beliefs, so when I'm sightseeing in those places, I pack a light scarf that I can sling over my head/shoulders.

Comment

When one goes to the house of another, one follows their rules. If those rules are unacceptable and one can not follow them, do not go to their house.

This general rule is a basic of good manners.

(The necessary converse of this is that one treats a guest in one's house with courtesy, excusing inadvertant rudeness when customers differ. But NOT intentional rudeness)

Of course, there are times when bad manners are more appropriate than are good manners (that's my inner existentialist talking), but they are rare.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
                          Part of the problem is that those making the rules don't really think them through properly. If you demand that someone wears (or doesn't wear) a particular item of clothing, then you really have to think through the loopholes.
                          For your amusement, Tylluan, a story about Edgar Allen Poe...

His step father didn't like him much, so he had EA shipped off to West Point Military Accademy.

EA hated it, and the only way he could get out was to be kicked out (a military Accademy is like being in the military. You can't just pack up and go home).

So he looked over the rule books, and came to one that said something like this "all cadets will line up for inspection with rifle, dress boots and gloves."

So that's EXACTLY what he did. He was shipped back home the next day...

(This may be an apocryphal story, but I like it anyway)
                          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                            For your amusement, Tylluan, a story about Edgar Allen Poe...

His step father didn't like him much, so he had EA shipped off to West Point Military Accademy.

EA hated it, and the only way he could get out was to be kicked out (a military Accademy is like being in the military. You can't just pack up and go home).

So he looked over the rule books, and came to one that said something like this "all cadets will line up for inspection with rifle, dress boots and gloves."

So that's EXACTLY what he did. He was shipped back home the next day...

(This may be an apocryphal story, but I like it anyway)
                            lOVE IT!
                            www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Originally posted by CrystalJackal View Post
                              WAIT WHAT. I just saw in that article that a couple of pilots let her TAKE THE CONTROLS of a PASSENGER FLIGHT. WTF. This lady needs to I don't even know. Learn to act like a properly raised human?
                              I too have done this. And I am a proper human being. I don't see the correlation.

Mostly art.

Comment

Working...
                              X