This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A portion of my journey

So I've been reading through many posts and and category descriptions and this one tells me that I can share a bit of my journey. So here goes.

A couple of years ago, my wife and I were in pretty terrible financial trouble. I had already rejected faith by this point but she is still happily methodist. Her mother was living with us (driving me nuts). Together we all had four vehicles, two of which were operable. I had been laid off yet another job with no prospects. I became pretty desperate. So one night I did some research on prosperity rituals. I chose a very simple one and actually performed it to the best of my ability. Not long after, I was hired by a company I had been applying to for literally years. But, during my training a massive storm blew in. I was safe, but much of my town flooded. My wife was forced off the road by rushing water and nearly drowned in our car. Our home and other three cars also suffered flood damage. 2/3 of our belongings had to be discarded.

At this point I thought that I had asked too much, or done something wrong. But patience would teach me otherwise. We now have two nice vehicles to ourselves, her mom has moved on with her life, we have new and better belongings, we live comfortably and within our means, and just bought our own home for the first time. But what is even more meaningful, is the number of people who came together we needed help. Some, had no reason, they weren't my friend, they didn't want anything for it. They just knew they needed to help.

I guess the ultimate lesson I learned is when the need is pure, and there is no greed in your heart, then it's OK to ask for some help. But make sure that you are willing pass it along when you are called to do so.
Working...
X