Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Professional E-Sports to test for drugs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Professional E-Sports to test for drugs.

After Doping Admission, E-Sports League Plans Random Drug Tests.

A major e-sports league is planning to submit pro players of games like "Counter-Strike" and "League of Legends" to random drug testing. The move comes on the heels of a pro player's admission of drug use, in an interview last week on a Counter-Strike YouTube channel.

"We were all on Adderall," said Cory Friesen, who goes by the handle Semphis. "It was pretty obvious if you listen to the comms [voice communications]."

"Everyone does Adderall at [Counter-Strike tournament] ESEA LAN right?" asked the interviewer.

So they are kind of doing a speed like drug while playing video games. Those are kinda first person shooters right?

Sorry,but even if these are professional gaming events,I think this is not going to go over very well with the players.

http://www.nbcnews.com/tech/video-ga...-tests-n397486

Just my take,but this seems kinda stupid to me.
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Re: Professional E-Sports to test for drugs.

Hrm. I don't really can't look at someone who sits at a console, swearing into a mic and fiddling with a game controller as an "athlete". Those aren't sports, no matter what Olympic committee may vote for it (such as they did for chess), or telebroadcaster may declare. Of course, I also think playing first person shooters "professionally" is rather ridiculous as well.

Comment

The thing is there is BIG money in this,we are talking millions on a single gaming session..So,I am thinking it is more about the money,cause money talks.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
        The thing is there is BIG money in this,we are talking millions on a single gaming session..So,I am thinking it is more about the money,cause money talks.
        Okay, that's fine. But we just shouldn't fool them into thinking it's an actual sport. They're still guys and gals playing video games.

Comment

Well,they have taken all the fun out of another freaking of our kick back and smoke a dubie and play video games time.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
            Okay, that's fine. But we just shouldn't fool them into thinking it's an actual sport. They're still guys and gals playing video games.
            Soccer players are still guys and gals kicking a ball. Basketball players are still just guys and gals bouncing a ball. Runners are just girls and gals... Running.

Sports are games. E-Sports are sports focused on strategy, tactics, and intellectual competition. More classical sports just have a more physical conditioning aspect to it. E-Sport players go under phyisical conditioning as well, to improve their reactivity and mastery of the controller (may it be keyboard+mouse or an actual controller), as well as precision, and to be able to physically stand the daily hours and hours of training.

Drug testing does seem necessary with drugs like Adderall and small doses of Xanax (to fight stress) being used during tournaments. Adderall use during official Street Fighter tourneys is pretty common, for instance. I never researched much into MOBA tournaments, which seem to be the ones in which the athletes have most commonly issues with drugs.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Chess is considdered a sport too... I don't see the difference in those. We might need a new term, because sport is a bit off... but video games of that character are trying and take as much practice as any sport to go pro in. I have no problem with competitive gaming, I find most spots boring to watch, but LoL tournaments keep my brain active in a way that a ball being kicked/thrown around just doesn't. And yes to what SeanRave said ^^
              You remind me of the babe
              What babe?
              The babe with the power
              What power?
              The Power of voodoo
              Who do?
              You do!
              Do what?
              Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Forget the drugs...I'm just blown away that professional video games is a thing.

Comment

As I was,but it is the future trending thing,I think they even do stadium style thing,with VERY large screen.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Working...
                  X