How do I introduce myself to a God?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I introduce myself to a God?

I've seen that your supposed to introduce yourself to a God and see if they accept you. I'm hoping to introduce myself to Boreas as I've come to really appreciate and like him, plus I think I've gotten a sign from him (a blast of cold air in my face in the middle of summer that left my skin tingling from the sudden cold) but I'm not sure how to introduce myself so help would be appreciated. And this would be helpful for saying Hi to other Gods in the future.

Re: How do I introduce myself to a God?

Maybe a prayer and an offering, then see if he accepts it and lets you know.
    śivāya vishnu rūpaya śivaḥ rūpaya vishnave
    śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Comment

Originally posted by Thorbjorn View Post
      Maybe a prayer and an offering, then see if he accepts it and lets you know.
      What could I offer him? I'm going to buy or make a small horse trinket, but I can't think of anything winter-y I could offer. Maybe ice? Any suggestions?

Comment

I found this that I think is interesting http://mythagora.com/bios/winds.html

When Iris arrived, she found the Winds gathered at a banquet … they were drinking and being rowdy … the implication is that they were in the form of men so that they could enjoy food and drink just like any other immortal or mortal being.

Given that, I would think that any food or drink offering would be acceptable.

Comment

Thanks for the help!

Comment

No prob.

Comment

Working...