Flyfishing and tying flies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Flyfishing and tying flies

[quote author=Hawkfeathers link=topic=1206.msg26343#msg26343 date=1293943278]
    2 of the many odd things I always have in my purse are a safety pin and dental floss, the idea being if I ever got stuck somewhere I could tie some floss to a stick, put the pin on the other and, put a worm on the pin, and hopefully catch dinner. Although as a city girl, I'm not real sure what I'd do if I caught one, but if that day comes I'll figure it out.
    [/quote]
    Never tried it, might work. You could cut the fish open with a sharp stone or piece of glass and gut it before you cook it on a green stick.
    Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

[quote author=magusjinx link=topic=1206.msg26307#msg26307 date=1293932204]
      I wonder what would happen if you cut a piece of bologna in a thin strip and put a little hook thru it and wet fished it? ... I used to use fly gear and a worm ... Hmmmmm ...
      [/quote]
      Sounds kind of like a pork rind type of bait. You must be a eclectic fisherman by your replies.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

[quote author=Monk link=topic=1206.msg26613#msg26613 date=1294065704]
        Sounds kind of like a pork rind type of bait. You must be a eclectic fisherman by your replies.
        [/quote]Yup ... I just figured out the definition of "eclectic" ... If it works, do it ... I do what works for me ... And my belly ...
        I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

[quote author=magusjinx link=topic=1206.msg26652#msg26652 date=1294088269]
          Yup ... I just figured out the definition of "eclectic" ... If it works, do it ... I do what works for me ... And my belly ...
          [/quote]
          Same here. I've heard the word bounced around before but never bothered to look it up. I too live the eclectic life and it works for (belly 2)me.

Comment

Hmmmm.
            Must have scared the fish away.

Comment

http://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/...h/DSCF0044.jpg

OK. Here are some photos of fly's I have tied.

Comment

They'd make nice earrings...
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

OK. That didn't work out like I wanted.

Comment

OK. Lets try this again.

Comment

Nice collection ...
                      I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

[quote author=magusjinx link=topic=1206.msg27973#msg27973 date=1294711402]
                        Nice collection ...
                        [/quote]

Thanks. This is usually the time of year I start tying but all the Christmas stuff is still in front of my tying bench.

Comment

Better hurry ... Spring trout and steelhead time is coming on fast ...

Comment

[quote author=magusjinx link=topic=1206.msg28155#msg28155 date=1294798105]
                            Better hurry ... Spring trout and steelhead time is coming on fast ...
                            [/quote]

Started digging out today as a matter of fact.

Comment

Reminds me ... Gotta remind the manager to start ordering florescent plastic beads ... yellow, lime green, plain green, pink, orange and red ... Might even try some glow-in-the-dark ones ...

Comment

[quote author=magusjinx link=topic=1206.msg28177#msg28177 date=1294806306]
                                Reminds me ... Gotta remind the manager to start ordering florescent plastic beads ... yellow, lime green, plain green, pink, orange and red ... Might even try some glow-in-the-dark ones ...
                                [/quote]

You sure know how to charm a fish.

Comment

Working...
                                X