Who are the Gods you are especially close to

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who are the Gods you are especially close to

I'm curious to know the Gods you are especially close to and why.

Re: Who are the Gods you are especially close to

I would say I'm close to Tlaloc, though I would rather not say why.

Comment

That's so interesting, I've actually been looking into Tlaloc. If you don't mind me asking, what is he like to you?

Comment

Tlaloc is generally rather serious. He also likes to micromanage rituals and offerings. He can be a little impatient (once he was trying to contact me, but I was busy talking to a friend, so I decided to continue talking to my friend instead, causing him to show me his anger the next day). He generally cares about his followers, but couldn't care less about non-followers.

Comment

Where you shown signs like Herons or some water sign?

Comment

Answered this a number of times but here goes again.

Artemis because as a young boy walking on a mountain trail went around a large boulder and came face to face with a deer. Heard a woman's voice say "I am Artemis and you are mine!" Over the years since many instances of hearing that same voice. Once looked to purchase what was listed as an Artemis statue while in Korfu and that same voice said "That is that Roman Diana not me!" Looked again at purchasing one in Rhodes and again "I told you that is that Roman Diana not me!" Spent more than a few months floating about the Med and getting visions and names to research and finding some really obscure names for Artemis and how she was viewed at different places. Going into the Black Sea was interesting for certain.

Hekate has been there nearly as long as Artemis though it took many years to finally figure out just who she was. She is perhaps the most active of those I am sworn and bound to by oath and blood.

Bastet and Pahket are both Egyptian and to be honest I always wonder myself is it them in their Egyptian pantheon or is it because both were conflated with Artemis by the Hellenic mercs that resided in Egypt during both the 2nd dynasty and 22nd dynastic periods. Gets confusing at times as does when Mafdet shows up in her leopard or panther looking form as she was conflated into Bastet. Can not forget the night I was at sea off the coast of Africa, and the moon was full and larger than the horizon it seemed and I watched it turn into a woman's face then into a cats head and heard the name Bastet.

Diana is sort of a secondary goddess I have connected to though more in her Nemorensis persona which was heavily conflated with Artemis and Hekate. Yet it gets difficult at times to keep her and Artemis separate so have to really dig into the lore.

Artemis and Hekate where very active in my youth and have been very present in the later part of my life after I retired from the military. While I was in the military and later part of my teens there where two gods who were present more than the goddesses.

The first would be Sekor of Egyptian origin. His history is sort of tied to the city of Memphis and the middle kingdom period though he is at times an aspect of Ptah. Very difficult to find things out about him so a lot of my beliefs and dealings where UPG.

The other I have no name for. He was present during my military life and was always sort of side stepping with regards to who he was. He was very much a wilderness type persona and I have at periods though he was Cernunos, Herne, Hermes and a few other's, heck even though of Odin at one point. The first time I recall encountering him was in journey work and had been talking with Hekate as she led me down a forested pathway. Just beyond her was a man who was playing some instrument and hung back off the edge of the road. Had a horned headdress but it seemed the closer he moved towards the road the more the headdress faded and as he moved back towards the woods the more it became visible. I know he wore a belted sword and perhaps some sort of chest plate but do not recall much more of it. I sort of walked from Hekate that day and to him and for most of my military time the goddesses would be in the background and the two gods in the foreground.

Today the two gods have pretty much stepped back except for when I need certain traits or truths that served me in the military or rescue services.
            I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by Capricorny View Post
              Where you shown signs like Herons or some water sign?
              No, not really. The gods don't use signs to communicate with me. I was awake at night thinking about Aztec gods, when suddenly I had a feeling that a deity was communicating with me. I looked up the names of Aztec gods and asked the deity which one it was. When I read the name Tlaloc, the deity confirmed that it was Tlaloc.

Comment

Brigantia. Why? Because I physically live on her. Can't get much closer than that. ^^
                夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

My personal deities are Anubis and Bast. Anubis helped me get over my fear of the dark and he is especially close to me because of that. Bast appeared to me in a dream and became my personal goddess.
                  Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Triglav and Baba Yaga. ... Because when my world fell apart, they were there to hold me together.

Comment

Lord Djehuty and Lady Bast - both of them help me achieve my goals in life and also to take care of myself, since I have a habit of sacrificing my own likes too much.

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
                      Triglav and Baba Yaga. ... Because when my world fell apart, they were there to hold me together.
                      Triglav? From the name I understand it's a male figure with 3 heads. Who is he?
                      "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
                        Triglav? From the name I understand it's a male figure with 3 heads. Who is he?

That's exactly what it translates as. :P
                        Triglav is the highest mountain in Slovenia. It has three peaks and is ever-present in Slovenian life. Triglav is also the name of a deity. He is represented by the mountain, He is the mountain. He…

Comment

I am sworn to Skuld, the youngest of the Nornir of the Northen faiths. I haven't figured out 'why' exactly... I have been drawn to the Northen gods since I was a kid, and specifically the Nornir for many years. Skuld claimed me and I'm not inclined to argue. She isn't a chummy or protective god by any means... but I am allowed in the Hall of the Nornir, I sit and spin for Verdhandi and I'm allowed to see and touch the Pattern and the Loom. That's very much 'close and personal' when it comes to the Nornir.

I also have a close working relationship with the Goetic Demon Barbatos. This is much more like a business relationship, but it's emotionally charged because of the subject matter. Barbatos helps me in my work with animals, especially in that I can call on him for pretection of my charges and patients. I always end up in tears when I work with him, and he asks only that I show genuine emotion and care for my charges.

Comment

śivāya vishnu rūpaya śivaḥ rūpaya vishnave
                            śivasya hridayam viṣṇur viṣṇoscha hridayam śivaḥ

Comment

Apollo, Aphrodite, Herne and Artemis.

Comment

Working...
                              X