Ares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ares

Opinions and thoughts on this powerful God?

Re: Ares

Loads. Do you?
    www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Ah Ares...I do not practically enjoy his presence....however most of the gods and goddess do not seem to enjoy him much either. I don't really ever speak to him but I have some opinions on him. Of course, I can give you basics on what he is and what he does, but any text you can ever read speaks for itself. The other gods and goddesses are not huge fans of him due to his love of violence the fact that his sister had a bit more of a level head than him lol. Did you want to know anything in particular?

Comment

I find the differences between Ares and Mars to be fascinating. I've never personally worked with either, but Ares seems to have the worse rep as both a battle hound and a sore loser. (Not my own opinions, mind! Just putting that out there to assure Him.)
        Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I haven't worked with him personally, but I do have mixed feelings about him... Some aspects of his personality as I interpret them from mythology and other people who have experiences with him remind me of moments in my life/people from my past I'm not comfortable with. I do however think he can be powerful. From what I've seen of Greek mythology, he is very intense and arrogant, but not always cruel, but usually pretty ruthless. (Again, simply from what I've read, not what I've experienced)

habbalah: Could you specify some of the differences between Mars and Ares?
          ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

Originally posted by faye_cat View Post
            Ihabbalah: Could you specify some of the differences between Mars and Ares?
            I will have to do more research, but from my limited understanding, Ares is generally seen as vain, cruel, petty (well. They could all be petty.), more a shock troop than a general. Mars, by contrast, was revered more and regarded as having the realm of military strategy, beyond just war (which seemed to have been more Athena's realm; when She was "adopted" as Minerva, it seemed to me that more of Her focus became on wisdom and learning and less on war). Ares was incredibly important to the Romans, regarded as just under Jupiter in many cases, and I've read that He was also given the realm of agriculture (not sure on that? Will have to check). Ares is generally regarded to kill ruthlessly, where Mars is said to show mercy when it is deserved, and would actively kill the wicked.

Again, this is my understanding. If I'm wrong, please correct me. No disrespect to either Ares or Mars; I'm just presenting what information I have.
            Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I just wanted to clarify because I remember hearing something like that before too in regards to the change from Ares to Mars. I'm not familiar with the agriculture bit, but definitely that he was more strategic and slightly less bloodthirsty.

If I remember correctly, while all the gods could be pretty petty, Ares was viewed as distasteful often, especially in terms of usual social interactions. Don't quote me on that though.
              ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

Working...
              X