Real encounters with the Gods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real encounters with the Gods

Has a God or Goddess ever come to you physically? Or called to clearly out of nowhere?

Re: Real encounters with the Gods

If only it were that easy... As for the second, no. Or at least not yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Capricorny View Post
      Has a God or Goddess ever come to you physically? Or called to clearly out of nowhere?
      Physically gets to be an interesting play on words. That deer that stood before me in my youth sure wasn't a human like form but was definitely a physical form none the less. That the deer stood there looking at me and I at it as I heard a woman's voice tell me "I'm Artemis and you are mine!" might be perceived as clearly out of nowhere. Sure was out of nowhere for me that day as I had no clue who she was or why this deer would stop and look me in the face. How long it lasted I can't even begin to guess so it could have been a second, a few minutes or even ten to twenty minutes before some kid came running around the other end of the passage and scared the deer away. Just know it was on a trail on a part of the Blue Ridge Parkway in Virginia and near an area called Humpback Rocks near as I recall now. My family used to go to the various sites along the parkway so it might have been on another section but that is the one that sticks in my head.

I was talking about Artemis to one of my son's one day when out of the blue he turns and looks at me telling me she is following us. There in the sky was a cloud of a woman and appeared to have something in her hands as she floated across an other wise cloud free sky and coming over the mountains. That cloud shape held it's shape for many miles and many angles of viewing it as we drove which was highly unusual in its own right. Was it physical? Well as physical as a cloud, mist or fog can be I suppose.

Some might say that was special some might not. That she has spoken to me a number of times over the years is pretty consistent to me. Is it normal? I really can't say other than it is normal to me and how Artemis as revealed herself at times. Does it occur with regularity? Well I was born in 1959 which makes me 56 and in all that time I've probably heard her or seen something that could be perceived as vocal and physical contact probably a dozen times at most.
      I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

it's been similar for me. physical animals will appear in my path. I've heard voices sometimes, not that often, but sometimes. sometimes they tell me who they are, sometimes they don't and I have to figure it out. but usually they communicate through signs and symbols. it's not like in the myths when a physical human form will just appear in front of you and tell you things.

that being said, Artemis has told me pretty clearly who she is. Apollo's signals are also pretty easy to pick up on. but for instance, when it's a Thunder god... I sometimes have difficulty figuring out which one, since there is more than one Thunder god who has tried to speak to me in the past.

at least that's my take on it

Comment

I have a strong connection with crows that can feel divine at times, I look mostly to the northern pantheon. Some days a crow will follow me around when I'm walking by the lake. Not just flying overhead, but jumping along behind me. They're not gods, but they make me feel closer to them.

I work with freyr. I get some very clear signals from him at times, but I have only really felt him once. Which was weird. Awesome, but weird... but no, no human forms ^^ and I'd really rather keep it that way.
          You remind me of the babe
          What babe?
          The babe with the power
          What power?
          The Power of voodoo
          Who do?
          You do!
          Do what?
          Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

I've had physical things happen as a result of entities, but it's not like any of them have stepped in front of me. An example: I was supposed to be doing work, and I could hear Uriel telling me to stop messing around with stupid stuff (I was window shopping online) and do what I was supposed to do. I ignored him, and the power went out just in the room I was in. I got it back on, and turned the computer back on. I worked for a bit, then my attention strayed again. The power went out again, just in that room. Message received!
            Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

There is a saying - "If you want to see god, observe nature". So yeah, I can claim to encounter gods in life.
              "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I heard Rhiannon's voice. Well, I say heard. And voice...But I digress.

I had felt her presence before during a meditation when I was specifically trying to contact her, but this time was different. I was sitting in a restaurant (well, I say restaurant. More like a bar with a corner table that served hamburgers) in the mountains with my dad. I was dressed nicely, I thought, but I was a rather full figured young woman at the time, and I come from a fairly comfortable home environment. So, basically, when all those bikers turned around, I felt like not a lot more than boobs in a nice shirt.

So I was feeling pretty self conscious. (No one said anything to me, but I was like 18 and uncomfortable) And I was getting more and more irritated with myself. And finally it hit me when this angry voice boomed through my head: 'You are a grown woman and a powerful witch. Put your shoulders back and pull yourself together. You fear no one.'

And I did. I was fine the rest of the day. I still remember that voice when I'm in a socially awkward situation. It was my voice in my head, but the tone and the words were totally something else.
                She is like a cat in the dark and then she is the darkness. ~~(=^._.^)

I got my war paint on and I'm off to go passive-aggressive all over these socially awkward man-witches. :XD:

Comment

I've had a number of numinous experiences that coincided quite strongly with symbolically significant natural phenomenon, so yes...and I suppose that many would consider this a "real encounter with the Gods". While I agree that functionally it was a real encounter, whether or not it was an encounter with real Gods would be the real million dollar question.
                  Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                  sigpic

Comment

At the moment I'm in a process of re-connecting with gods that have become distant. So I meditate regularly.
                    On early afternoon a couple of days ago perform a small sacrifice and I put out an "advertisement"; basically inviting whoever is willing to guide me grow spiritually.
                    That night, I heard repetitious clinking sound. It came and disappear a few times. I sought for the source but found none. When I was about to go to bed, I flicked on the light and I saw very clearly, the shadow of 2 persons standing over an anvil while hammering something. THIS was the source of the clinking sound. I looked around, disbelieving my eyes. While my logic battled with my vision, I heard a voice: I AM HEPHAESTUS. My gf heard it too and was wandering if we had guest I didn't tell her about.

Not sure if it was the real Hephaestus or not. I never associated myself with deities of Greek pantheon before nor sought knowledge about them. It was something to remember though.

Comment

I've never felt the presence of a God/Goddess/Deity near or beside me sadly.. I have had moments that have felt so symbolic and so perfect or meaningful that I have wondered if there was a divine significance behind them.. Most the time I just see it as life and nature nudging me along, or more realisitically to me I see it as my mind helping me by letting me see those little perfect moments.

I am open to experiencing something... more... should it present itself.. maybe I'm not listening hard enough

Comment

Twice in my life have I been "in the mind of God"
                        The first time was during deep meditation to see how far I could go - all the limits removed. I was the universe and I remembered a Quote from Robert Oppenheimer; "I am become the destroyer of worlds" knowing that in an instant I could destroy or create what ever I wanted. That was back when I was 35. The next time was when I invoked the Great God in the father aspect. I understood that the universe was set on a course and It was possible to change anything but it would not alter the end result.
                        Although I have retained a small amount of both experiences I am happy being a partner in the co-creation of the future.
                        The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                        I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Never, at least as far as I can remember. I guess my gods have never felt the need to or I just haven't formed enough of a bond or relationship with them yet.
                          "As long as humans continue to be the ruthless destroyer of other beings, we will never know health or peace. For as long as people massacre animals, they will kill each other. Indeed, those who sow the seed of murder and pain will never reap joy or love." - Pythagoras

"I too shall lie in the dust when I am dead, but now let me win noble renown." - Homer, The Iliad

Comment

When or if you are ready you will be exposed. It is absolutely mind blowing. It took me three weeks after my first encounter to understand the little I could recall. The second time I had spent a week in meditation and used divination each day before the invocation The day of the invocation I did the last divination after writing the ritual. It was less disturbing but still overwhelming. It only took two days to get back on an even keel.

The potential of the universe and the vastness of the personal connection is - There are no words.
                            The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
                            I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Question - why doesn't it have to be real if you see a god/dess in a dream?
                              "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Working...
                              X