This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Locating Refill Paper for my BOS

My name is Terra, I am new to the forum and I am on a hunt. I have a BOS that I love, its rather common, not individual at all and it has a spiral spine so its refillable but I cannot located the paper to refill it! This is my book (I cant post link or attachments?), it is sold on Ebay with a refill pack but I cannot buy just a refill pack and my only option seems to be to buy a whole new BOS and take that paper to add to mine, but what a waste! Anyone offer any help on what to do?

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway, its a black pentagram BOS with a spiral spine and celtic knots above and below the pentagram

Re: Locating Refill Paper for my BOS

I'd go to a place that specializes in paper and office products and see what they have. If its a common paper format should be able to pick up refill packages or entire reams already set.
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

I have tried Ebay, Amazon, contacting individual sellers, my local office supply store, etc and nothing

Comment

Realize its a bit much but have you considered a paper type punch and make your own refills? Granted the two, three post refills are fairly common. The square punched pages to go in spiral notebooks are a bit harder to make but many of your larger paper binding machines can make those punch patterns.

As an aside though you might look to stamp albums such as lighthouse that make topical pages and are pre-punched for various album pages.

Comment

One could if they had a paper cutter and a paper punch cut a ream down to size and punch holes to fit the BOS
          http://www.uline.com/BL_506/Paper-Trimmers

Also punches
          http://www.joann.com/scrapbooking/to...FQgRHwodr-YMaA
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Can you at least tell us what it is listed as on ebay so we can try to find it ourselves? I have a bit of a stationary fetish so I might actually be able to help. I'd need to know much more though. I'm assuming it's one of these things; Only with a different cover.

I use this style of notebook to study because it lies nicely on the desk while you're typing, or thumbing through textbooks or dictionaries. There is another type of spiral bound notebook, but the paper can't be replaced. The thing I've learnt though, is that there are several different sizes of spiral in the replaceable type. Also, they're not usually designed specifically to allow you to replace the paper, in fact, I only discovered you could, because the elfin diaries use this kind of binding and I happened to have a plain notebook with the same spine, and decided to slot some of the reference pages from an elfin diary into the notebook when I moved overseas and didn't want to take my actual BoS.

Anyway, I digress, as I tend to do when I start talking about stationary. So, if it IS the above type, or similar, what you have to do is check the size, and then count the holes. So the one I posted doesn't specify the size (you'd have to measure yours I guess), but I see it has 16 rings, so I'm looking for paper with 16 holes. Paperchase do them with 16 holes, so there's a good chance I can find a notebook there. I'd probably visit a store myself and take a sheet of paper from my notebook with me to double check (my idea of a wonderful afternoon.. honestly!^^), but I know they should sell a standard notebook that I can take the paper from, and that won't be as costly as replacing a book with a more elaborate cover.

If you find a notebook online cheap enough, it might even be worth the gamble. for example, this notebook;

is half the price of the dragon one I found, and looks like the pages would fit.

Good luck, and if I guessed wrong (I'm an obsessive, not an expert ^^), a little more information might help me to find a solution for you.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and as for punching them yourself.. I would personally advise against this if you can at all help it. I've tried this before, when I wanted to put squared paper into my regular notebook, and even with the most careful marking and measuring, the result was disappointing. Not the end of the world when you're just jotting down notes while studying, but for something precious like a BoS, I personally wouldn't be happy.
            夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Though these are a bit on the expensive side(They are leather bound) they are ring binders and you can replace the paper pretty easy.
              http://stores.ebay.com/The-Diary-Sho...nkw=a4+leather

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

YES Jembru! Mine is the black pentagram BOS prolly made by the same people/company as the dragon one you posted! It is 16 holes and its about 8 1/4 x 5 3/4 paper. I have been searching on walmart.com and hobby lobby for notebooks to steal the paper out of but nothing so far... I would try making my own but I think i would be more likely to just make my own BOS at that point, but I really really like mine lol and I just wanna add to it. I have also tried paper companies to cut and make my own but none will do the small size with the amount of holes needed

- - - Updated - - -

And thank you Anunitu, I might shop with them later on in the future when i decide to upgrade!

Comment

Figure normal page is usually 8.5 x 11 so your talking about half pages. That might take you into the folder pages or booklet pages to find what your looking for vice stock paper. Definitely not an average page size, could almost pass for printers waste at that size which makes it harder to fill but not impossible.

Comment

That's a bit smaller than most of mine. Only slightly (my 16 hole notebooks are all around 6.5 inches wide), but it's enough for the paper to stick out horribly.

This looks promising though; http://www.amazon.co.uk/Connect-inch...iral+paper+8x5

That's if you don't mind shipping from the uk. I'm assuming you measured the covers, and the pages will be slightly shorter, so the size difference might not be that big. They won't stick out at any rate. The pages are ruled though, would that matter?

It shows the page size in mm so you can double check the exact size against yours at least.
                    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

yes, my notebook size is about 6 x 8 1/2.... my paper size is def A5 size after doing some more research (thanks to you!) I prefer lined paper... At least for this BOS, next one (later in life) wont matter, but this is my starter BOS and the lines help my hand writing lol

Comment

This link is to what I think is crazy Jersey types trying to sell bogas pagan things..look at their prices and you can see what I mean.

http://lapuliabookofshadows.com/witc...-book-shadows/

Who the frack do they think they are?????

- - - Updated - - -

Not to mention this thing.
                        http://lapuliabookofshadows.com/shop...-study-course/

Living Magical Life Study Course in-person with Accommodations

$1,689.00

Class, in-person with accommodations at our Magical Mansion (includes continental breakfast, lunch, and dinner)

All of the accommodations will be provided at the Enchanted Magical Mansion.

Wow,a "Real" hogwarts....???

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

^^^ "There's a sucker born every minute." - P.T. Barnum

I bought a lovely blank book many years ago at a card shop for something like $3.99 - it does just fine.
                          sigpic
                          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

What I am wondering is just Who shops there...Hay kid...give me $20 bucks and I will show you how to make stuff disappear(your $20 bucks for one)

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

There are all sorts of classes, trips, materials, etc. out there. I mentioned a few months ago that my aunt is now a "life coach" which she did through some online course. A friend of mine's husband went to some spritual retreat (expensive weekend hideaway where they try to get even more money out of you). It's like anything else - there are sincere people with something to offer, and there are charlatans.
                              sigpic
                              Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Working...
                              X