• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Locating Refill Paper for my BOS

I might just buy a a 2nd one and place the cover on the back of mine lol

Comment

Me thinks I need to find out who spends that much on a blank book,and knock on their door like an LDS......
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by Technoterra View Post
        yes, my notebook size is about 6 x 8 1/2.... my paper size is def A5 size after doing some more research (thanks to you!) I prefer lined paper... At least for this BOS, next one (later in life) wont matter, but this is my starter BOS and the lines help my hand writing lol
        My first BoS was lined too! I use hard-backed A4 books that I back myself with fabric and ribbons. After the first one, I started using artists notebooks with blank pages. The paper is thicker, so you don't get as many pages (around 60 sheets/120 pages I think), but I like to decorate my entries with fancy boarders using stamps, stickers, pictures cut from magazines and hand drawings. The artists paper is more robust making it ideal for this, but it is a bit annoying to have to draw guide-lines in pencil whenever you write anything.

- - - Updated - - -

I might just buy a a 2nd one and place the cover on the back of mine lol
        Or just start volumes like I do! I have 4 books altogether and each tells a different story. My first one was very teen-witchy, especially near the start, the second has a Kemetic flavour, as I was devoted to the Goddess Isis, towards the end of that, I discovered the Fellowship of Isis, which ironically led me in a different, more shamanistic direction.. which takes me to BoS 3, which was recorded when I started my career in community-based learning disability services, and was in a psychic development and mediumship class at the local spiritualist church, as well as a regular coven. Book 3 is a strange blend of second degree wicca and 'white light, meditation and angels' type stuff.

Then finally I came to my current book, where you see much more emphasis on inner work. Parapsychology Jungian psychology (often attempts at blending the two), pages on local land and animal spirits, and techniques aimed at self-development.

It's nice to see the progression like that, laid out in real time. Connecting with myself in the past, at different stages of my journey. I don't think I'd feel quite the same if all my BoS was jammed together in one book. Each one even has a distinctive visual style, reflecting the way I saw the world at each phase. I love it.
        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
          My first BoS was lined too! I use hard-backed A4 books that I back myself with fabric and ribbons. After the first one, I started using artists notebooks with blank pages. The paper is thicker, so you don't get as many pages (around 60 sheets/120 pages I think), but I like to decorate my entries with fancy boarders using stamps, stickers, pictures cut from magazines and hand drawings. The artists paper is more robust making it ideal for this, but it is a bit annoying to have to draw guide-lines in pencil whenever you write anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Or just start volumes like I do! I have 4 books altogether and each tells a different story. My first one was very teen-witchy, especially near the start, the second has a Kemetic flavour, as I was devoted to the Goddess Isis, towards the end of that, I discovered the Fellowship of Isis, which ironically led me in a different, more shamanistic direction.. which takes me to BoS 3, which was recorded when I started my career in community-based learning disability services, and was in a psychic development and mediumship class at the local spiritualist church, as well as a regular coven. Book 3 is a strange blend of second degree wicca and 'white light, meditation and angels' type stuff.

Then finally I came to my current book, where you see much more emphasis on inner work. Parapsychology Jungian psychology (often attempts at blending the two), pages on local land and animal spirits, and techniques aimed at self-development.

It's nice to see the progression like that, laid out in real time. Connecting with myself in the past, at different stages of my journey. I don't think I'd feel quite the same if all my BoS was jammed together in one book. Each one even has a distinctive visual style, reflecting the way I saw the world at each phase. I love it.
          That is actually quite inspiring! I wouldnt mind having different ones, I just kinda had an idea that the majority would be in one book lol This book is actually dictated by my tarot readings. Ive been practicing with the Thoth deck and ive learned more in the last year than I did the 14(ish) years prior lol and ive been working on creating my own spells. I just wanted one book to pass down to my children... I mean if I leave them with nothing else, id like to leave them with books lmao I love reading and I think they should be able to follow in my footsteps if they s choose

I might actually try making my own BOS at some point, I really like leather and Im not even sure how to begin making my own with leather lol o well i will figure it out!

Comment

yes, my notebook size is about 6 x 8 1/2.... my paper size is def A5 size after doing some more research (thanks to you!) I prefer lined paper... At least for this BOS, next one (later in life) wont matter, but this is my starter BOS and the lines help my hand writing lol
            Just an aside comment but a lot of times we used to get the lined page affect by using a lined page beneath the page we were writing on. So you page looks nice, has even spacing and position but none of the distracting lines across the page. The disadvantage is if you use heavier stock paper the lined paper may not show up beneath it. Does save time though and you can use many different types of paper or colored paper that otherwise might be unavailable because it wasn't lined.
            I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
              Just an aside comment but a lot of times we used to get the lined page affect by using a lined page beneath the page we were writing on. So you page looks nice, has even spacing and position but none of the distracting lines across the page. The disadvantage is if you use heavier stock paper the lined paper may not show up beneath it. Does save time though and you can use many different types of paper or colored paper that otherwise might be unavailable because it wasn't lined.
              Good idea! thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by monsno_leedra View Post
                The paper in mine is a bit too thick to see through. I do have a sheet of lined paper that I went over with a dark marker, that you can just about see in good lighting, but it's not much use on the reverse side of the page because of the writing and illustrations on the previous page. I rub out the pencil lines once I'm done though, so it's not so bad. It's more the drawing them in the first place that's a pain.
                夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                  The paper in mine is a bit too thick to see through. I do have a sheet of lined paper that I went over with a dark marker, that you can just about see in good lighting, but it's not much use on the reverse side of the page because of the writing and illustrations on the previous page. I rub out the pencil lines once I'm done though, so it's not so bad. It's more the drawing them in the first place that's a pain.
                  In my search for paper I bent the spiral spine beyond repair lol then I remembered I had suede cord on hand and removed the spiral spine and replaced it with suede cord.... I decided to only use 3 holes, so now I am not bound to locating 16 hole paper... I know in my journey Ive seen the appropriate sized paper with 3 hole punches and now I am not bound to a specific spine size either! And its completely individualized! I will post pics!

- - - Updated - - -

Hopefully this works, heres the pics!
                  Attached Files

Comment

THAT is actually a better solution at least in my artistic eye.
                    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                      THAT is actually a better solution at least in my artistic eye.
                      Yes, and the beads are in the DNA sequence of a Corpse Flower lol

Comment

Working...
                      X