Change is inveitable...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Change is inveitable...

I was a quiet, withdrawn, depressed kid with barely any friends.

I am now a disorder ridden man with no friends who can't even leave the house unaccompanied. But hey, I'm somehow actually not as depressed as I used to be.

Yeah, I've changed.
    Yikes, all that cultural appropriation that used to be here tho

Comment

Physically, I was a chubby little kid, lost weight in high school, modeled, took ballet, then around 30 developed a hormonal issue and gained weight. In my late 40's, had my fibroids taken care of and lost weight effortlessly as my hormones reset my metabolism. In my mid 50's, developed arthritis in feet & ankles, no more long walks, gained weight back.

Mentally, I knew myself early in life and have held to that standard. I am the same person I was in junior high school; I just express myself differently.
      sigpic
      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
        How have you changed over the years?

In your appearance? Your presentation of yourself? Your interests? Your beliefs? Your goals? Your activities?

How have you stayed the same?

I have changed a lot in some ways, not enough in others and some not at all.

Looks - not really I look the same as I did when I was 16, short of changing hair color I love how I look naturally. My style has change a little over the years but not by very much, just more mature.

I present myself just the same... I am me and always will be me.

My interests/activities have certainly changed as everyone's does as they grow up. Many have stayed the same. I'm still an outdoorsy girl, still working with horses, still go sailing, camping and rock climbing. I still enjoy archery as a past-time to clear my head. New interests are my flight training and I have added scuba diving to my adventurous undertakings. I am still a gamer geek and I read a lot, still just a big kid I suppose. I don't expect any to change in the near future.

My beliefs have definitely changed. I was raised Jewish and have become pagan in my beliefs and also have a love of sciences (physics mainly). While I have not fully left behind my Jewish upbringing as they have helped form me into the person I am today, I have realized there is something much more fitting to the person I have become.

My life goals are the same. Live life to it's fullest and damn the consequences. I live to enjoy my life and hopefully empower and touch the lives I meet on the way.

Comment

Working...
        X