SIBO Protocol Broth Fast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SIBO Protocol Broth Fast

I need help. I have to fast for 4 days and consume nothing but bone broth and water. I followed a SIBO protocol recipe I was given by my nutritionist but it's awful. I've had maybe 5 ounces total and I'm supposed to drink 8 to 12 cups a day. I'm starving, have a headache and am so tired that I just want to cry myself to sleep.

I can't put any vegetables into the crock pot to give it flavor but I'm allowed spices. What can I do to make it drinkable? I'm no good at this.... I wonder if I put too much vinegar into the water.
    �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
    ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
    Sneak Attack
    Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Re: SIBO Protocol Broth Fast

What's the recipe? Maybe then we can recommend spices!
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I wonder if sriracha would count as a spice. I'v found that it can make pretty much anything taste good. Or if not, chili powder, cumin, and garlic powder. Or you can go with dill, garlic powder, and onion powder.

Comment

Oregano and lime as in flavors you add to menudo. Which is pretty much a meat broth if you remove the hominy.

Comment

Here's the thing...

Broth Options and Recipes:
          by Sarica Cernohous, L.Ac. MSTOM, BSBA Naturallylivingtoday.com

• Plan to start your broth with 2-3 marrow, feet, neck, or shank bones. Bones can be purchased from www.grasfedbones.com
          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
          Sneak Attack

Comment

From reading about the SIBO,I am hoping this gonna work for you Juni..
            MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
            NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
            don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
            http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

This seems like it takes a bit of time to do for drinking meaty water. I don't know what to add to it.

Comment

It says you can use onion powder, etc., I'd do that - onion powder, garlic powder, marjoram, thyme, a couple of bay leaves in the pot, all the stuff you'd use making regular chicken soup.
                sigpic
                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I just spoke with my Brother in Law, who's a chef, and he suggested I coat the meat and bones in oil and rub in the spices and roast it in the oven on 350 until the bone gets kind of golden brown. So, I'm going to try that. If I still can't manage to drink it, I'm gonna stop for the weekend and regroup with my nutritionist on Monday. My stupid supplements I'm supposed to start taking haven't arrived yet, anyway.

I'm really cranky right now. Also PMSing doesn't help. My boobs hurt.

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                  It says you can use onion powder, etc., I'd do that - onion powder, garlic powder, marjoram, thyme, a couple of bay leaves in the pot, all the stuff you'd use making regular chicken soup.
                  I've never really made soup. For as long as I can remember, I've not liked soup much so I never bothered to learn how to make it.
                  Sneak Attack

Comment

I do love me some chicken soup...My mom made that for me when I was sick as a kid..easy on a queasy tummy.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Oh the roasting of the bones will def intensify the flavor. I bet this will do the trick. Good luck.

Comment

OK. Throw 2 or 3 bay leaves into the pot and just leave them. Eventually you just throw them out, they're not edible, they just add flavor.

The powdered spices will lose their flavor in long cooking so add them close to when you are going to have some. When I make chicken soup I use what I said above, in fairly equal quantities, but use what you like! Celery salt/powder, pepper, a tiny dash of lemon pepper....anything!
                        sigpic
                        Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I'm confused. Why can you use onion/garlic powder, but not actual onions or garlic?

The powder is the root, dehydrated and ground, plus some salt... You are just eliminating bits of water and adding salt...

P.S. Add gobs (five or six tablespoons) of oregano. This is basically the soup I make every time I smoke a chicken, minus veggies.
                          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Don't know why... I put in whole onions anyway. Just gonna not eat them, lol.

Holy Christ, doing the seasoning and roasting the bones made a huge difference. I also added some cloves and did NOT add vinegar this time. It's totally drinkable now.

I roasted the bones the first time, too, but I guess not for long enough. BIL said to roast the them until they're golden brown.
                            Sneak Attack

Comment

I am guessing that this is something like a purge for your digestive system. If that is the case then perhaps it will be worth it.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Working...
                              X