Unusual Foods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Unusual Foods

Nothing that would be considered unusual here, but I've eating loads of things that make my friends back in Canada cringe. Blood sausage, black pudding (which is also essentially blood sausage), haggis, rabbit, liverwurst, chicken hearts, horse meat (intentionally, not because of that time they discovered that a bunch of beef sold in Germany was actually horse meat), raw meat, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
      Pandanus is a type of palm tree that's leaves are edible. It's used a lot in Asian cooking and desserts, but grows Iin Queensland here in Aus.
      I think quite a lot of tree leaves are edible if prepared right. Like, have you ever heard of sakuramochi? It's rice cakes eaten around the cherry viewing season in Japan, and they're usually wrapped in the pickled (I think they're pickled.. they've done something to them anyway) leaves of the cherry tree. Kinda bitter, but not unpleasant.

They make other sweets wrapped in leaves, but this is the only one I've personally tried.
      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Has anyone heard of The experimental good society? I came across it while trying to find the name of the OBOD historian Roland Rutherham. I'm not too clear on what they do, but it sounds like they offer food in a variety of environmental settings to see how it changes the taste??

Comment

Working...
        X