Pagan Forum's Ark

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pagan Forum's Ark

David Attenborough made a series called 'Attenborough's Ark' in which he chose 10 animal species that he would choose to protect from extinction should there be a biblical flood.

I thought this would be a fun project for us to do too. I'm going to make this harder though, and restrict us to just 5 species each. So, if we were to build an ark and each member was allowed to bring a breeding pair from any 5 animal species, what would you bring? Why?
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Re: Pagan Forum's Ark

1. Dogs
    2. Cats
    3. Chickens
    4. Wheat
    5. Tomatoes
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
      1. Dogs
      2. Cats
      3. Chickens
      4. Wheat
      5. Tomatoes
      It was meant to be animal species, but as I couldn't live without tomatoes either, you can have them!

I'm still working on my list. I got as far as honey bees and horses and now I'm stumped.
      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
        It was meant to be animal species, but as I couldn't live without tomatoes either, you can have them!
        LOL - I know... I couldn't decide on the other two animals, though, so I cheated.

P.S. You'll need a queen bee, and at least a pound of workers... Several thousand...
        Last edited by B. de Corbin; 10 Aug 2015, 15:04.
        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I'm sure we can make allowances for species that need more than 2 to get the population going!

Comment

You can keep all those nasty wolf apples. Those things are gross. Unless they're made into ketchup. Now, when we say "cats" and "dogs" are we talking domestic species, or generic felines and canines?

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
              You can keep all those nasty wolf apples. Those things are gross. Unless they're made into ketchup. Now, when we say "cats" and "dogs" are we talking domestic species, or generic felines and canines?
              Puppies and kitties. From the humane society.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                Puppies and kitties. From the humane society.
                Okay. Bring on the kitties and puppies!

3. Cows - can't go without a steak once in a while
                4. I was going to add some type of fish, but we're talking flood here. There will be plenty of fish and seafood for everyone. I guess bees because without them there'd be no pollination later.
                5. Um ...

Comment

It's been a long time since I've seen Attenborough's Ark, but if I remember correctly, he chose species he liked or felt deserved to exist, rather than species that would be best for keeping ourselves or the planet alive.

In that spirit, my list would be:
                  The resplendent quetzal. Obviously.
                  The British adder.
                  Rats. Though knowing those clever adaptive little buggers, they'd stow away on the ark either way.
                  Peacock spiders.
                  Any type of fox. Perhaps arctic.
                  Yikes, all that cultural appropriation that used to be here tho

Comment

1. Bats
                    2. Wolves
                    3. Jaguars
                    4. Anteaters
                    5. Snow Leopards (You're welcome, Gleb.)

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
                    Okay. Bring on the kitties and puppies!

3. Cows - can't go without a steak once in a while
                    4. I was going to add some type of fish, but we're talking flood here. There will be plenty of fish and seafood for everyone. I guess bees because without them there'd be no pollination later.
                    5. Um ...
                    Perhaps you should make #5 ravens, since those are in your profile pic.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
                    I'm sure we can make allowances for species that need more than 2 to get the population going!
                    Well, every species needs more than two members for long-term survival (other than animals that reproduce asexually), or else a lot of inbreeding would occur.

Comment

I'd be afraid that the ravens would take over. They're too damn smart. Then again, they're probably smart enough to figure out how to survive without our help.

Comment

Sharks - because awesome and adorable.
                        Cats - because awesome and adorable.
                        Hedgehogs - because awesome and adorable.
                        Bees - because plant life.
                        Deer - because... venison!

Comment

I think I would kind of limit the number of humans,cause in an ecological nitch we are kind of dicks...
                          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

I didn't put humans on my list. :P

And of course, the Elder Gods often live beneath the waves anyway so... that's not really a risk factor to losing the hierarchy.

Comment

Originally posted by anunitu View Post
                              I think I would kind of limit the number of humans,cause in an ecological nitch we are kind of dicks...
                              There might not be enough room for all of us on the boat.. we might have to start a vote for which PF members get to continue the human race on our behalf.. not THAT would be an interesting thread!

Still working on mine guys... I'm trying to cover as genetically varied a list as possible, but I want too many mammals...

Comment

Working...
                              X