Huge explosion in China

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huge explosion in China

TIANJIN, CHINA – A massive explosion late Wednesday shook the northern Chinese city of Tianjin, startling nearby residents with tremors and noise, but it was not known immediately if there we…

Those poor people ..... They said "mushroom cloud" on tv and my head whipped around so fast I think I hurt my neck.
    sigpic
    Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Re: Huge explosion in China

Holy crap, I'm trying to get more information on it and I'm coming up short, even BBC isn't fully informed. Tianjin and all their residents must be horrified. Shipping container? Gas or oil? WHAT IS IT? I need to know because China is one of the places we've considered moving to in a while.
    No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

CNN is talking about other things...I guess they don't have all the facts yet. I only hope it wasn't something intentional that caused this.
      sigpic

Comment

Me too, China is usually pretty on top of their game, this surprises me. I hope that everyone gets the care they need. We don't even know how many people were killed, or injured, only that 'hundreds' were admitted to the hospital.

Comment

The mushroom cloud is not just from Nuclear blast,it is an effect of a MAJOR blast. It comes from dirt and Debris sucked up into the sky by the blast if large enough.

Here. Mushroom cloud
          https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mushroom_cloud
          MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
          NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
          don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
          http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Read the latest breaking news in Canada and the rest of the world. We bring all of today's top headlines and stories to your fingertips.

Comment

That's so horrible.
              Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

China has had problems from the desire to expand very quickly. An example is the "Ghost cities"

http://www.businessinsider.com/china...in-2014-2014-6

This explosion may or may not have something to do with over doing things with little oversight.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Looks like it started in a hazardous chem area. Someone may have been taking shortcuts with their safety procedures.
                  life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

^^^ Shortcuts in safety seem to be the norm there. This explosion in an illegal fireworks factory apparently happened just a month ago. http://www.ibtimes.com/china-firewor...-dozen-2004910
                    sigpic

Comment

That's awful. I hope no one was hurt..

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkfeathers View Post
                        ^^^ Shortcuts in safety seem to be the norm there. This explosion in an illegal fireworks factory apparently happened just a month ago. http://www.ibtimes.com/china-firewor...-dozen-2004910

Chinese companies are famous for that. "Silver" jewelry contaminated with lead or cadmium, dog beef jerky treats that kill dogs, cat food (made for Purina) that killed cats, drywall contaminated with sulfur, wood flooring contaminated with formaldehyde, "organic" foods contaminated with PCBs, berries sold to Australia grown in contaminated soil, the list goes on...

I am sorry for the citizens of China, but the truth is:

Buy nothing exported from China, unless you want to take the risk. There is no quality control and no over site. That is why they can undersell every other country.

DECKER & TRIPLETT: China’s poisonous exports
                        PRC products aren’t just cheap, they’re dangerous
                        Last edited by B. de Corbin; 12 Aug 2015, 15:30. Reason: Added link
                        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

^^^ Exactly. So far, 17 dead and 400 injured. http://www.buzzfeed.com/davidmack/re...ity#.yt9jB5XP1
                          sigpic

Comment

I don't know enough about the incident to comment, but when it comes to production, Corbin and Anu are right on the money.

Buy nothing exported from China*, unless you want to take the risk. There is no quality control and no over site. That is why they can undersell every other country.
                            You get what you pay for...and wokers get what you pay for too. But their owners get rich.

*Or about a dozen other countries, but China is pretty much the worst of the bunch
                            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                            sigpic

Comment

Problem began when China realized that Capitalism makes a lot of money,and even better money if you have no controls period.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Working...
                              X