Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Free pagan and witchy related e-books pages?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Free pagan and witchy related e-books pages?

Any of the PF family that have good sites on pagan/witchy free e-books?

It would be highly appreciated.::

Re: Free pagan and witchy related e-books pages?

There are quite a few on Amazon. Some are free, others super cheap. And, if you have Kindle Unlimited (monthly subscription) there are more.
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

There is this,not sure all are free,but most I think.
      http://sacred-texts.com/eso/index.htm
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Project Gutenberg not only has a religious section, but an outright pagan section! Yes, the books are older, but they still look like interesting stuff. Also, here is a list of places where to get free Kindle books, including dailing mailing lists like Pixel of Ink and Freebooksy, where there have randomly been free Buddhist/New Age/other stuff books.
        Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Thank you all for the responded I do not mind if some books are old

Thalassa the Kindle unlimited does it costs anything?

Comment

Originally posted by Luna View Post
            Thank you all for the responded I do not mind if some books are old

Thalassa the Kindle unlimited does it costs anything?
            Unfortunately, yes--its 9.99 a month here in the US.
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

Open Library is an open, editable library catalog, building towards a web page for every book ever published. Read, borrow, and discover more than 3M books for free.

CELT is the online resource for contemporary and historical Irish documents in literature, history and politics in UCC, Ireland.

Comment

Someone posted this link on a Scandinavian witches Facebook page. I admit I didn't look much at it, but a few people seemed to like it, thought it might be useful. http://darkbooks.org/
                You remind me of the babe
                What babe?
                The babe with the power
                What power?
                The Power of voodoo
                Who do?
                You do!
                Do what?
                Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Originally posted by kelbiiztd
                  hought I'd share with you my list of websites that offer free e-books, sacred texts, . re Magick, Paganism, Shamanism, History, Spirituality, New Age, OBE, etc. etc. These come in both PDF and HTML format.

Maybe we could all add our own e-books list in this thread and it could become a sticky thread?

Anyway, here they are
                  You can't post links until you have a genuine post count (non-game and non-intro) of 15 or so. Perhaps you can get involved in a few discussions here then come back and try sharing your links again.

Comment

You could also try Witchvox which has a huge collection of essays of varying quality written by a variety of contributors, sharing a variety of thoughts.
                    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

One point to make - please please don't fall for some of these free pdf scams. A few might be genuine, most are pirates, and a significant number are real scams.
                      None of my books are available free. They are available fairly cheap kindle downloads, or you can buy them as fairly cheap paperbacks from us.
                      ALL however are listed somewhere on the net as being available free on pirate sights. Just be careful what you download!
                      www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
                        One point to make - please please don't fall for some of these free pdf scams. A few might be genuine, most are pirates, and a significant number are real scams.
                        None of my books are available free. They are available fairly cheap kindle downloads, or you can buy them as fairly cheap paperbacks from us.
                        ALL however are listed somewhere on the net as being available free on pirate sights. Just be careful what you download!
                        Really?!!!

That stinks so bad!

Give us some addresses and we'll launch a concerted attack on the jerks!
                        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                          Really?!!!

That stinks so bad!

Give us some addresses and we'll launch a concerted attack on the jerks!
                          They're all over the place - most pretend they will take them down if you contact them, but either the contact address is blank or it doesn't work. Though a few have been fine and removed the offending books. It's huge business, piracy, they've even taken some of my videos from YouTube and pretended they're hosting them when they're not (this is a site pretending they're part of netflix, would you believe, when they're not.)

Unbelievable. But it's all a part of the get something free mentality. Even with Amazon, I sometimes have emails telling me the best way to sell my books is to give them away... go figure that one.

Just thought I'd write here and explain that free books are not always what they seem. And on some sites you've no idea what else you're downloading when you go there.

Why you won’t find books published by The Wolfenhowle Press in your local bookshop When I started The Wolfenhowle Press, it was my dream to make beautiful books that were as accurate as possible and above all, affordable. You see, I’ve been in the position of standing in a bookshop and wishing I could buy […]
                          www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

This is probably a bit too obvious but: libraries!
                            I've been pleasantly surprised by the variety of books even in smaller libraries.

And for those who prefer to listen to their books, there's Librivox. All of the books are public domain so most of them are a bit old but perhaps you could find something there too.
                            baah.

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
                              They're all over the place - most pretend they will take them down if you contact them, but either the contact address is blank or it doesn't work. Though a few have been fine and removed the offending books. It's huge business, piracy, they've even taken some of my videos from YouTube and pretended they're hosting them when they're not (this is a site pretending they're part of netflix, would you believe, when they're not.)

Unbelievable. But it's all a part of the get something free mentality. Even with Amazon, I sometimes have emails telling me the best way to sell my books is to give them away... go figure that one.

Just thought I'd write here and explain that free books are not always what they seem. And on some sites you've no idea what else you're downloading when you go there.

http://thewolfenhowlepress.com/why-y...ocal-bookshop/
                              Thanks for touching on this. It's a big thing, it's a huge "market" and I often wonder if someone actually went and downloaded x title if they would actually be getting that specific book or even an unaltered version of it. Not to mention the frequency of viruses and who knows what else you could be downloading.

Comment

Working...
                              X