Hypnosis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hypnosis

I was inspired by the idea of Telekinesis. It's approximately from the same subject, in my opinion. Either it's a fake and the person is good at persuasion, or the person really has some sort of... Hypnosis thing. There are doctors who use it to cure their patients. Which gives me the creeps...
    So what do you all think?
    "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Re: Hypnosis

I've been under a few times. So it's very real for me. There is of course a difference between show hypnosis and actual hypnosis... the kind used to help patients is not what you see when people are made to jump around on stage. What I've experienced is not designed to make you do stuff, but rather help you dive into your subconscience. It brings you in touch with a part of your mind that you don't usually notice or control. I view it as a kind of very deep guided meditation.
    You remind me of the babe
    What babe?
    The babe with the power
    What power?
    The Power of voodoo
    Who do?
    You do!
    Do what?
    Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

I once was hypnotized by a stage type. Now I must tell you I did NOT at all believe I could be Hypnotized and on stage thought I will just play along. This was pretty much my take until while I was sitting in a chair,the Hypnotist snapped his fingers and I fell from the chair onto the stage. Real or not,it did indeed have an effect on me. so go figure.
      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Hypnosis is a replicable, verifyable, objectively observable phenomenon. We've hypnotized people and done brain scans--there are visible brain differences between people that are easily hypnotizable and those that are not. We've even hypnotized people, given them suggestions, assigned them tasks, and seen differences in how well those tasks are carried out with non-hypnotized people, and just given them suggestions and watched how their brains react.
        Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
        sigpic

Comment

It exists and it can be easily screwed up.
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Can it be learned or are people born with it? One thing I do know - I don't want to try it.
            "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
              Can it be learned or are people born with it? One thing I do know - I don't want to try it.
              It's a psychology trick not a superpower. Like most tricks, it's teachable.
              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Once known as mesmerism,and also Animal magnetism. The name was from F. A. Mesmer who I believe first practiced it. It has had a checkered history over the years.

Link from merriam-webster dictionary

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/mesmerism

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

-evil laugh- maybe I'll look into it when the time comes. :devil:
                  Thanks for the link, anu!

Comment

It's nothing to be scared of trying gleb ^^ as long as the person performing it actually knows what they're doing. I always wanted to learn it, when I was a kid we fooled around with it (which is harmless, takes more than 'loook me in the eeeye..you are sleeeepyyy'), I figured out that part of it is in the repetition. I was very good at making people sleepy fast, but that's it. Oh anu! I kind of wanna try going under that way. Just because I'm too curious for my own good. I''ve only tried the kind where I was still the one in control.
                    You remind me of the babe
                    What babe?
                    The babe with the power
                    What power?
                    The Power of voodoo
                    Who do?
                    You do!
                    Do what?
                    Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

I believe your believing you are in control may in fact make you more susceptible..Just my take from my personal experience.

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

It is possible to learn self-hypnosis... It is much like meditating, with the inclusion of self-suggestion.

Watch out for nut cases making extraordinary claims, though, and selling snake oil.
                        Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Self hypnosis? How so?

Comment

Do a Google search My child...

Ok Here.
                            http://drmiller.com/learning-center/selfhypnosis/

- - - Updated - - -

And as B. De. Mentioned Grain of salt...

sigpic

witchvox

Comment

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
                              Self hypnosis? How so?
                              Yes, my child, the Google knows all, sees all, and reveals all...

Self Hypnosis: How to Perform Self Hypnosis in 3 Simple Steps
                              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Working...
                              X