Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This man is a hero. He should be remembered.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This man is a hero. He should be remembered.

Khaled al-Asaad, age 82, was a renowned scholar of antiquities in Syria at Palmyra.

He was tortured and interrogated by ISIS militants for a month before he was murdered for refusing to identify the location of hidden archeological treasures so that ISIS could destroy them.

(sauce)
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Re: This man is a hero. He should be remembered.

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
    Khaled al-Asaad, age 82, was a renowned scholar of antiquities in Syria at Palmyra.

He was tortured and interrogated by ISIS militants for a month before he was murdered for refusing to identify the location of hidden archeological treasures so that ISIS could destroy them.

(sauce)
    I saw that. He is a great man, and I hope he gets a statue when the shit stops flying.

Even more so because I don't imagine that I, myself, could withstand a month of ISIL torture.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

It seems incredibly evil to be so hell-bent on destroying history.
      sigpic
      Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

If you remember,the Taliban also did these types of destructive acts in Afghanistan. It is so strange to me that they are so afraid of other symbols of belief..
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Such a terrible fate for protecting something he so loved and was dedicated to preserving and studying. Destroying or trying to rewrite history doesn't change it.
          I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

We should have a school or a college named after this man.

Comment

What is going on with ISIS? I mean is it just a bunch of horny loser men who got upset some art major stole their girl? Because it's like not even 'death to infadels' anymore. It's like Death to art! Death to architecture! Death to books.

How much of an angry loser do you got to be? It's like if terrorists have their own underground facebook site, they would be made fun of and called 4 IsisChan.

It's fucking pathetic.

And why has the world not just killed every single one of them? It's not like they are hard to find? Every day in the online news I see pics of them killing someone. Every single day. Just follow the cheering crowd and pan up. You see a guy pushing another to his death? Yeah. Kill that one. Then spray the crowd.
              Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

They want history to only reflect their religion, not others. Like Creationists want to change American history books.
                sigpic
                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                  What is going on with ISIS? I mean is it just a bunch of horny loser men who got upset some art major stole their girl? Because it's like not even 'death to infadels' anymore. It's like Death to art! Death to architecture! Death to books.

How much of an angry loser do you got to be? It's like if terrorists have their own underground facebook site, they would be made fun of and called 4 IsisChan.

It's fucking pathetic.

And why has the world not just killed every single one of them? It's not like they are hard to find? Every day in the online news I see pics of them killing someone. Every single day. Just follow the cheering crowd and pan up. You see a guy pushing another to his death? Yeah. Kill that one. Then spray the crowd.
                  The nations fighting them on the ground aren't renowned for competent militaries. The nations who have competent militaries and the logistical framework to support ground force there generally think that a land war in the middle east caused the problem and that repeating the same mistake is a sign of insanity. Personally, I think we have the ability to handle Daesh but that we don't have a fraction of the will to prevent a successor to them so until we do have the will to go all the way, we should stick to supporting those who have the will but are a little lacking in ability.
                  life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Follow the Daily UK Mail photogs and give them guns. They are RIGHT THERE.

I'm so frustrated. I realize this is an easy dumb answer. But coooome oooooooon. It's not like they are in a cave somewhere.

Comment

Think about this,the turks are gong after the Kurds,and the Kurds seem to be the only group that can actually fight ISIS with any real courage...the Iraqis ran away,and no one else seems to want to go do what the Kurds are doing.

Just give the big guns to the Kurds...
                      MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                      NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                      don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                      http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Follow the Daily UK Mail photogs and give them guns. They are RIGHT THERE.

I'm so frustrated. I realize this is an easy dumb answer. But coooome oooooooon. It's not like they are in a cave somewhere.
                        Oh God, never ever follow the Daily Mail from the UK. Over here we call it the daily heil.

I'm sorry, and I know it's going to make me unpopular, but terrorists are usually created by someone, somewhere.

And as for smashing up history - nations have been doing that for years.

The Allied forces did a pretty good job of blasting 1400 years of history into oblivion at Monte Cassino in WW2 as I remember.

It's never right, but it's not new, either.
                        www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
                          Oh God, never ever follow the Daily Mail from the UK. Over here we call it the daily heil.

I'm sorry, and I know it's going to make me unpopular, but terrorists are usually created by someone, somewhere.

And as for smashing up history - nations have been doing that for years.

The Allied forces did a pretty good job of blasting 1400 years of history into oblivion at Monte Cassino in WW2 as I remember.

It's never right, but it's not new, either.
                          The Daily Mail has the worst proof reader ever. I mean really bad. I only use it for the corner updates on my celebrity gossip. I ain't gonna lie.

Comment

The Daily Mail has the worst proof reader ever. I mean really bad. I only use it for the corner updates on my celebrity gossip. I ain't gonna lie.
                            The Daily Mail is fit for only one thing really... and that's wiping up poo
                            www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Originally posted by Tylluan Penry View Post
                              The Daily Mail is fit for only one thing really... and that's wiping up poo
                              Our version of that is Fox News.

Comment

Working...
                              X