X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm Glad To Be Here

How do I start this? Haha.
    First off, I want to say I'm beginning to change my lifestyle to better suit myself. The majority of my family happens to gravitate toward general Christianity and LDS Mormon Religion. Like a lot of people in alternate religions and spiritual beliefs--I found myself not following that trend. For a lack of better words...I didn't believe everything they told me and felt resistant in following the churches rules. My mother, who isn't too fond of organized religion, raised me to be open to my own beliefs and I'm so grateful that she did. A lot of what I have been taught about morality, spirituality, and the world as a kid basically had been a mixture of Paganism, Wicca, and Christianity. One of the beliefs that breaks me apart from my family is that I feel strongly that there is more than one god. That, in fact, all gods and spiritual entities from different regions do exist and work together. Well, work together sometimes...

For me, the most prominent in my life have been Ganesh, Hermes, Thoth, and Lakshmi.
    • In elementary school you learn about greek gods, right? Well, upon learning about them I had felt that these 'fictional' characters were actually real entities. During that time I felt a crazy connection to Hermes but due to recent events I feel as if Thoth guides me far more. He's a calmer entity than Hermes and tends to stick around for longer periods of time. In truth, it's almost as if I got the two messenger gods confused. Oops. Maybe they switched on me, haha. I feel as if Thoth is more fond of me than Hermes, though.
    • Ganesh, I feel, found me before I found him. I can go into plenty of stories as to why but I'm trying to keep this short. All I can say is that he's helped gravitate tools, thoughts, and will power to help overcome very difficult situations. Usually, when I keep his alter clean and well stocked with fruits I come across a lot money.
    • Lakshmi has helped (and is helping me) harness my inner female power. She's been around a lot and I'm more than certain that she and Ganesh worked together to guide me to my wonderful boyfriend. It's a wild story but I'm more than certain those two made it happen.

Setting all the god/dess talk aside...
    I'm a huge goofy goober. I've been studying western astrology for 3+ years (I'm a Libra but my chart is dominated by Scorpio.) I absolutely love to cook and I'm a kitchen witch in training. Honestly, I feel as if my grandparents are closet kitchen witches. They grow their own herbs, veggies, fruit and have always taught me different rituals to make food "better." They've also tried to teach me about herbal remedies but as a kid I've shrugged it off. Now, I'm really against using factory made medications and I'm really looking forward to learning about going holistic. Uhm...I've always liked to draw. Pen and pencil are my preferred medium but I've recently got a watercolor kit that is pretty fun. I also used to play a lot of video games but I only seem to play Skyrim now. I also watch a lot of Netflix. It's still TV but it sounds more relatable if I say Netflix, haha.

Thanks for reading!

Re: I'm Glad To Be Here

Hey, welcome! We met in chat for a bit! I hope you enjoy it here!
    Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by TyrianHues View Post
      [*]In elementary school you learn about greek gods, right? Well, upon learning about them I had felt that these 'fictional' characters were actually real entities. During that time I felt a crazy connection to Hermes but due to recent events I feel as if Thoth guides me far more. He's a calmer entity than Hermes and tends to stick around for longer periods of time. In truth, it's almost as if I got the two messenger gods confused. Oops. Maybe they switched on me, haha. I feel as if Thoth is more fond of me than Hermes, though.
      Maybe you should look into Alchemy. The primal teacher in that art is Thoth-Hermes

Welcome to de foe-rum!
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Welcome! Look forward to seeing you around =)
        ~Rudyard Kipling, The Cat Who Walks By Himself

Comment

Welcome to the forum!
          Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

Thank you, everyone! You'll definitely see me poking around.

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
            Maybe you should look into Alchemy. The primal teacher in that art is Thoth-Hermes

Welcome to de foe-rum!
            Huh, never actually thought to look into Alchemy! I'll have to do some research on it but...I'm not really sure where to start.
            Do you have any ideas?

Comment

Huh, never actually thought to look into Alchemy! I'll have to do some research on it but...I'm not really sure where to start.
              Do you have any ideas?
              Yup !

What the heck is Alchemy?
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                Yup !

What the heck is Alchemy?
                I love it! Spent several hours yesterday reading the forum and the links provided!
                I'm pretty sure you opened a new world for me, haha.
                Thanks~

Comment

I love it! Spent several hours yesterday reading the forum and the links provided!
                  I'm pretty sure you opened a new world for me, haha.
                  Thanks~

Fantastic!

Comment

Working...
                  X