Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The biggest hindrance to spiritual development

Originally posted by DragonsFriend View Post
    Rather than intense focus on any one thing a balanced approach should be the goal. A balance between the physical, mental, emotional and spiritual sides of your nature is much more productive and you stay healthier and happier in the process.
    I totally agree, but unfortunately my brain doesn't like to work that way :^^:

Since we got all honest in that mental illness thread, it's a little easier for me to own up to this weakness. With ADD, sometimes you get a thing called hyper focus where you focus super hard on something. It's hard to control and engages on activities that perhaps you would rather not focus exclusively on (like watching tv or reading fun books), but it's hard to shut it off once it has engaged.

I'm particularly prone to this.

It isn't necessarily a bad thing though. When it engages on something I want to accomplish, I can tear through tedious hours of work like it's nothing as my focus is actually more intense then most people's in this state. At those times, when it actually helps me achieve my goals, I'm actually a bit thankful for it. The bad thing is that I can't seem to control when it engages...

Comment

Originally posted by SleepingCompass View Post
      I totally agree, but unfortunately my brain doesn't like to work that way :^^:

Since we got all honest in that mental illness thread, it's a little easier for me to own up to this weakness. With ADD, sometimes you get a thing called hyper focus where you focus super hard on something. It's hard to control and engages on activities that perhaps you would rather not focus exclusively on (like watching tv or reading fun books), but it's hard to shut it off once it has engaged.

I'm particularly prone to this.

It isn't necessarily a bad thing though. When it engages on something I want to accomplish, I can tear through tedious hours of work like it's nothing as my focus is actually more intense then most people's in this state. At those times, when it actually helps me achieve my goals, I'm actually a bit thankful for it. The bad thing is that I can't seem to control when it engages...
      I bolded the tools that give you the problems with your "super Power". If you change your descriptors you can change your behavior. It's called a lot of things from positive affirmation to magik but it does work! Even for things like ADD, Migraines, physical injuries and whatever else you use it on.
      The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
      I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

I went with lack of a teacher, but it's more that I'm missing someone that I can bounce ideas off. I learn and develop ideas through interacting with other people, which is kinda hard to do when you're solitary

I find myself constantly flickering through different ideas too, my path changes like my mood atm ~.~

Go Go Origen!

I'm always looking for new and cool book and food recommendations, feel free to message me ;P

Comment

Working...
        X