Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Self discovery quiz, maybe? I really don't know how to call this thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Self discovery quiz, maybe? I really don't know how to call this thread.

1. If you could define yourself with one word, which word would you choose? complex
    2. Choose an animal to define yourself: wolf-monkey-cat
    - Fox: secretive, stealthy, cunning
    - Wolf: loyal, supportive, friendly, social, devoted, furious when your loved ones are in danger
    - Bear: brave, noble, intimidating
    - Owl: clever, wise, can be entrusted with secrets, leaned back
    - Monkey: funny, sarcastic, friendly
    - Cat: Think you're the centre of the world, lazy, independent, protective when needed
    3. Do you think humans can learn from other animals? yes
    4. Do you think humans can communicate in different ways with animals, even if it's not yet proven scientifically? yes
    5. List your best and worst quality. (That's what the rules are here for) best=loyalty worst=picky(anal)
    6. How would you spend your free time? No limit, choose whatever time period you want. Several hours, a day, a week, a month... But keep it sane, though. on the computer or watching tv ... about half and half
    7. What is your favourite type of music and why? "Don't know", or "musical preferences" don't count, be creative. techno & soul=melodic
    8. You meet Gandalf on your way back home and he grants you one wish. What do you want from him? Everything except immortality.1,000 gold bullion rounds weighing 1 ounce each
    9. Let's say you found a resurrection stone but you can bring only one person back from the dead. Whom would you resurrect? Difficult question, I know. You don't have to answer if you're not comfortable with it. If they came back in perfect health, my grandfather
    10. What is or who is something or somebody you're proud of? Why? my niece because of how she turned out despite all the shit life has thrown her
    11. Do you have one holy rule you will never break? Do you give others a holy rule to follow when they are around you? If yes, what is it? Don't lay a hand on me
    12. If you could change one thing in your flow of life, what would it be? nothing, otherwise I woudn't be where I am
    13. What is one thing people notice about you? 300 pounds
    14. Do you want something precious to you in your life but you know you'll never have it? i have had pretty much a things I consider precious at one time or another in this life
    15. Would you rather spend a day in the passive shadows who share your pain but don't get rid of it, or in the proactive sunlight that helps you get over your pain and makes you feel strong? sunshine
    16. Choose one element that gets to you most: fire
    Earth: stability
    Water: harmony
    Fire: spiritual and inner power
    Air: friendly and social
    17. What is most precious to you? One thing. If you have two or three options and you don't know which one to choose, you can mention them. family ... blood or extended are about equal
    18. Would you rather live in den or hut in the forest, a flat/apartment in the city or a citadel in the sky? forest
    19. What is one (or two) things you keep inside yourself and almost never tell others, even your close friends? not gonna tell ya
    20. What made you reach and stay in your current spiritual path? l ife experiences and famiy
    I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Nice quiz, Gleb! Here are my answers.

1. If you could define yourself with one word, which word would you choose?
      Introvert.

2. Choose an animal to define yourself:
      Mainly an Owl: clever, wise, can be entrusted with secrets, leaned back. But also a little Wolf: loyal, supportive, friendly, social, devoted, furious when your loved ones are in danger

3. Do you think humans can learn from other animals?
      Of course. We can get so complicated in our emotions and actions that it would be good if we would take an example from other animals. Most animals have clear rules for behaviour and often have an honoust hierarchy.

4. Do you think humans can communicate in different ways with animals, even if it's not yet proven scientifically?
      I talk to dogs and cats We can already communicate with them verbally and through body language. So why not through the mind or something like that.

5. List your best and worst quality. (That's what the rules are here for)
      Best is that I'm a multipotentialite.
      Worst is I sometimes find it difficult to stand up for myself. I'm not so very assertive.

6. How would you spend your free time? No limit, choose whatever time period you want. Several hours, a day, a week, a month... But keep it sane, though.
      Walks in nature, photography and editing, drawing, watching series/films. For as much time as possible.

7. What is your favourite type of music and why? "Don't know", or "musical preferences" don't count, be creative.
      Irish/Scottish and pagan folk https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyWyv1TiI30 Faun is one of my favourite bands. Also different kinds of rock and metal bands like Alter Bridge, Mumford & Sons and Ensiferum.

8. You meet Gandalf on your way back home and he grants you one wish. What do you want from him? Everything except immortality.
      To turn me into a fire bender. That would be awesome.

9. Let's say you found a resurrection stone but you can bring only one person back from the dead. Whom would you resurrect? Difficult question, I know. You don't have to answer if you're not comfortable with it.
      No one. Death is around for a reason. However, I haven't lost any loved ones that were 'gone before their time'. If that were the case, I would probably use it for them. So I guess I will keep it stored somewhere just in case.

10. What is or who is something or somebody you're proud of? Why?
      I'm proud of my mom for choosing to find her own path in life instead of to keep living the life of another.

11. Do you have one holy rule you will never break? Do you give others a holy rule to follow when they are around you? If yes, what is it?
      I can't stand littering. I once made a friend search the bushes for a bottle he just threw over his shoulder XD He felt silly for throwing it in the first place and never did it again (at least not in my presence).

12. If you could change one thing in your flow of life, what would it be?
      I'd change my life choices, like choosing an education and future job. If I could go back in time I would not listen to others with their so-well-meant-advices, but choose what I really want to do with my life.

13. What is one thing people notice about you?
      I look very young. Some people that don't know me estimate me at 21 years old, but I'm actually 27.

14. Do you want something precious to you in your life but you know you'll never have it?
      Being more socially skilled. I can be really shy and it's very difficult to change that.

15. Would you rather spend a day in the passive shadows who share your pain but don't get rid of it, or in the proactive sunlight that helps you get over your pain and makes you feel strong?
      Pain makes you stronger, but only if you actually deal with it. So sunlight for me.

16. Choose one element that gets to you most:

17. What is most precious to you? One thing. If you have two or three options and you don't know which one to choose, you can mention them.
      My family and friends.

18. Would you rather live in den or hut in the forest, a flat/apartment in the city or a citadel in the sky?
      In the forest.

19. What is one (or two) things you keep inside yourself and almost never tell others, even your close friends?
      That I'm a pagan and what that really means to me. My friends know that I'm a pagan but they just can't relate. So I don't talk and they don't ask about it.

20. What made you reach and stay in your current spiritual path?
      Experience and reading mostly.

Comment

1. If you could define yourself with one word, which word would you choose? Stoic
        2. Choose an animal to define yourself: Bear, I guess. But I always choose Turtle in my head.
        - Wolf: loyal, supportive, friendly, social, devoted, furious when your loved ones are in danger
        - Cat: Think you're the centre of the world, lazy, independent, protective when needed
        3. Do you think humans can learn from other animals? Of course.
        4. Do you think humans can communicate in different ways with animals, even if it's not yet proven scientifically? I believe in collective consciousness, so yes. Hell, you can communicate with dogs and cats with your emotions.
        5. List your best and worst quality. Best: My calm demeanor. Worst: I'm pretty lazy.
        6. How would you spend your free time? I spend my free time playing video games, reading, watching TV or Netflix, and playing with my son.
        7. What is your favourite type of music and why? Metal will always have a special place in my heart.
        8. You meet Gandalf on your way back home and he grants you one wish. What do you want from him? Financial stability.
        9. Let's say you found a resurrection stone but you can bring only one person back from the dead. Whom would you resurrect? I would have to say my sister's father. He passed away when she was very little.
        10. What is or who is something or somebody you're proud of? Why? I'm very proud of my son, of course. I'm also proud of my writing abilities.
        11. Do you have one holy rule you will never break? Do you give others a holy rule to follow when they are around you? If yes, what is it? I don't really think I have any one holy and unbreakable rule. I guess the closest rule I have to that is to cause no harm to others. But I mess up and break that every now and then.
        12. If you could change one thing in your flow of life, what would it be? I wish I had more time with my son everyday.
        13. What is one thing people notice about you? How red my facial hair is, that I'm short, or my kilt.
        14. Do you want something precious to you in your life but you know you'll never have it? No
        15. Would you rather spend a day in the passive shadows who share your pain but don't get rid of it, or in the proactive sunlight that helps you get over your pain and makes you feel strong? Sunlight, for sure. I don't like hanging onto negative things.
        16. Choose one element that gets to you most: Earth.
        17. What is most precious to you? My son.
        18. Would you rather live in den or hut in the forest, a flat/apartment in the city or a citadel in the sky? Den or hut in the forest.
        19. What is one (or two) things you keep inside yourself and almost never tell others, even your close friends? My sexuality. Few people, including my wife, know that I'm actually bisexual.
        20. What made you reach and stay in your current spiritual path? I'm really just starting to explore my path, actually. And I'm not entirely sure why I've become interested in Heathenism, to be honest. Something just started drawing me to it, so I've started to look into it (I'm reading the Havamal currently), and it intrigues me a great deal.
        Come geek out with me and my buddies on The Bizzarp! Podcast - new episodes every Friday!

"Biting my truant pen, beating myself for spite,"Fool," said my Muse to me, "look in thy heart, and write."
        - Sir Philip Sidney

Comment

Alright, I'll bite.

1. If you could define yourself with one word, which word would you choose?
          Principled.

There are too many traits for each animal, I'm my own man so, I'm a Doc.

3. Do you think humans can learn from other animals?

Sure.

4. Do you think humans can communicate in different ways with animals, even if it's not yet proven scientifically?

Yeah maybe.

5. List your best and worst quality. (That's what the rules are here for)

Best: Loyal. Worst: Short temper.

6. How would you spend your free time? No limit, choose whatever time period you want. Several hours, a day, a week, a month... But keep it sane, though.

Shining, fixing, cleaning and riding my motorcycle. I know it's really cliché but it has been a form of therapy for me. It's Zen-like.

7. What is your favourite type of music and why? "Don't know", or "musical preferences" don't count, be creative.

Classic rock. One part nostalgia, one part relatable lyrics.

8. You meet Gandalf on your way back home and he grants you one wish. What do you want from him? Everything except immortality.

Well since the sky is the limit of course I'm going to go all Miss USA on you and say "End world hunger." but on a less ambitious scale, inner peace.

9. Let's say you found a resurrection stone but you can bring only one person back from the dead. Whom would you resurrect? Difficult question, I know. You don't have to answer if you're not comfortable with it.

Jesus, because he could tell us all a lot.

10. What is or who is something or somebody you're proud of? Why?

I'm proud of a lot of people and things. I'm proud of veterans, of volunteers, of widows, of peaceful people, of soldiers. So much to be proud of. I'm really proud of Canada.

11. Do you have one holy rule you will never break? Do you give others a holy rule to follow when they are around you? If yes, what is it?

I will never blind-punch somebody, either physically or mentally/spiritually. If I come at you you'll know it and you'll know why. I'm not a douche.

12. If you could change one thing in your flow of life, what would it be?
          More peaceful family and less abuse growing up.

13. What is one thing people notice about you?

Tattoos and my exterior appearance, a lot of people don't even get to know the real me because they assume too much.

14. Do you want something precious to you in your life but you know you'll never have it?

No that'd be useless. Odin warns about this exact waste of time.

15. Would you rather spend a day in the passive shadows who share your pain but don't get rid of it, or in the proactive sunlight that helps you get over your pain and makes you feel strong?

Pretty easy question really, I'll go with feeling strong.

Fire I suppose.

17. What is most precious to you? One thing. If you have two or three options and you don't know which one to choose, you can mention them.

Family (The ones chosen and not chosen.)

18. Would you rather live in den or hut in the forest, a flat/apartment in the city or a citadel in the sky?

Hut in the forest if I could decorate it like a hobbit and smoke a long pipe all day.

19. What is one (or two) things you keep inside yourself and almost never tell others, even your close friends?

Some stupid stuff I've done and never got caught for, but feel bad for. And some rough stories from my youth.

20. What made you reach and stay in your current spiritual path?

Struggle and seeking.
          White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
          sigpic
          In Days of yore,
          From Britain's shore
          Wolfe the dauntless hero came
          And planted firm Britannia's flag
          On Canada's fair domain.
          Here may it wave,
          Our boast, our pride
          And joined in love together,
          The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
          The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

I know I am a noob here so maybe it's presumptuous of me to just jump in like this, but oh well, this looks too fun not to play!

1. If you could define yourself with one word, which word would you choose? Reader
            3. Do you think humans can learn from other animals? Yes
            4. Do you think humans can communicate in different ways with animals, even if it's not yet proven scientifically? Yes
            5. List your best and worst quality. (That's what the rules are here for) Good Memory, Grudge Holder. It's funny, I never realized that my best and worst are two sides of the same coin.
            6. How would you spend your free time? No limit, choose whatever time period you want. Several hours, a day, a week, a month... But keep it sane, though. Reading, writing, gardening, singing, walking my dogs. Maybe baking and cooking too if I lived with someone else.
            7. What is your favourite type of music and why? "Don't know", or "musical preferences" don't count, be creative. Tie. My two go-to Pandora stations that I go to the most are "Jim Croce" and "Sam Cooke" so whatever two genres those artists are considered.
            8. You meet Gandalf on your way back home and he grants you one wish. What do you want from him? Everything except immortality. To meet someone that I could fall in love with. I'm happy enough right now, but it does get lonely now and then.
            9. Let's say you found a resurrection stone but you can bring only one person back from the dead. Whom would you resurrect? Difficult question, I know. You don't have to answer if you're not comfortable with it. My friend Tony Chapin who was murdered in 2000.
            10. What is or who is something or somebody you're proud of? Why? Quitting smoking. I'm proud of it because I really didn't want to do it at the time, and did it for all the wrong reasons, but have still stuck it out for four years now.
            11. Do you have one holy rule you will never break? Do you give others a holy rule to follow when they are around you? If yes, what is it? Not really.
            12. If you could change one thing in your flow of life, what would it be? I'd change whatever caused me to have this stupid fixed mindset as opposed to a growth mindset. I give up on too much, too fast when I don't show an immediate talent for it.
            13. What is one thing people notice about you? My eyes.
            14. Do you want something precious to you in your life but you know you'll never have it? No.
            15. Would you rather spend a day in the passive shadows who share your pain but don't get rid of it, or in the proactive sunlight that helps you get over your pain and makes you feel strong? Proactive.
            17. What is most precious to you? One thing. If you have two or three options and you don't know which one to choose, you can mention them. Can "pets" be one? I have five of them, and couldn't choose between them. Otherwise "library" though that's really the plural of books isn't it? Not sure I can do this one ...
            18. Would you rather live in den or hut in the forest, a flat/apartment in the city or a citadel in the sky? A hut in the forest. I've been a city girl all my life, and loved it almost the whole time, until the past year or two.
            19. What is one (or two) things you keep inside yourself and almost never tell others, even your close friends? When my feelings are hurt.
            20. What made you reach and stay in your current spiritual path? Well I don't know that I am staying very consistent on it ... ego seems to keep pulling me down. But I think the painfulness of being a cynic is probably what drew me back to whatever spiritual path I am wavering on and off of.

Comment

Working...
            X