No announcement yet.

Would you opt in to a kitchen robot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Would you opt in to a kitchen robot?

They be coming here(or there where you are) very soon,I do remember when I first ran into the "Auto" toilet in a public restroom...damn thing flushed just after I stood up..freaked me the fark out...
    MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
    NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
    don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
    http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Actually we have those but the Japanese are better. Ok, back to the original subject.
      "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I think we're definitely moving in a more robotic direction for the future. whether they're going to be beneficial or if we're on the road to a Robot Revolution, who knows. personally, I would LOVE to have someone else cooking for me, since I seem to create a disaster area every time I try.... if it could also do reminders (like "have you eaten lunch yet today?") that would be cool too. Cause I need those sometimes.

what would be cool is one of those things like in Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy that can sense what you're craving and makes it for you. because sometimes I get hungry but I don't know what I want, and don't have the energy to make anything, so I end up ... not eating. *shameful confession.* I know it's bad.

so yeah, Robots.... if they take care of you, great. If they try to micromanage or whatever, not cool. If they want to hold an armed rebellion against humankind.... I might betray you all. Robots deserve rights too!!

- - - Updated - - -

I rely on my phone a LOT to remind me to do things right now. So I would probably rely a lot on a kitchen robot too.

Comment

Negative. I barely trust my computer with my browsing history, let alone a robot with my basic needs.

Comment

I don't think I'd want to kitchen robot unless it was only for cleaning up. I wouldn't mind a robot that cleaned my bathroom and did my laundry. I also think I don't mind something like a Star Trek style replicator for those days when you get off work and just want to feed your face and not be troubled.
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

You guys are trying to put me out of a job!! No we don't need any robots that cook, there are plenty of cooks out there.
              "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                It seems we've figured out how to teach a robot to make pancakes.

At some unspecificed time in the future, I'm willing to predict that something akin to Rosie from the Jetsons will be a possibility. Will you be one of the crowd to get a household robot to make your meals and wash your clothes?

sauce
                If it did the dishes, abso-bloody-lutely!

I wouldn't get one for cooking, though. I like cooking, and I think that good food has a human element to it... compare a mass produced pre-packaged meal that robots in a factory have made to a home-prepared meal. Robotic maid, yes. Robotic chef? Eh.

Comment

Originally posted by Rae'ya View Post
                  If it did the dishes, abso-bloody-lutely!
                  This, 100% this. Dishes are my second least favorite household chore, right behind vacuuming.

Comment

Originally posted by Munin-Hugin View Post
                    This, 100% this. Dishes are my second least favorite household chore, right behind vacuuming.
                    There's the Roomba if you hate vacuuming.
                    Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
                      There's the Roomba if you hate vacuuming.
                      DJ Roomba in the House!

Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                      sigpic

Comment

me,I still like the shark cat riding the Rumba..

MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

After seeing a video of a Roomba having smeared dog poo all over a loungeroom, I'm thinking that a Roomba is a risky thing to have if you have an indoor pet!

Comment

After seeing a video of a Roomba having smeared dog poo all over a loungeroom, I'm thinking that a Roomba is a risky thing to have if you have an indoor pet!
                            This recently happened to a friend of mine. I suggested she get the scooba version...automatic mopper, ftw!

I've been thinking about getting one because the cats and my allergies and kids...
                            sigpic

Comment

Good to know...

I want a puppy one day, my husband wants a Roomba...

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                                It seems we've figured out how to teach a robot to make pancakes.

At some unspecificed time in the future, I'm willing to predict that something akin to Rosie from the Jetsons will be a possibility. Will you be one of the crowd to get a household robot to make your meals and wash your clothes?

sauce
                                Make my meals? No.

Wash my clothes? Hell yes.

Pretty much all the other clean-y chores, yeah, no question. But not cooking. I love cooking.
                                She is like a cat in the dark and then she is the darkness. ~~(=^._.^)

I got my war paint on and I'm off to go passive-aggressive all over these socially awkward man-witches. :XD:

Comment

Working...
                                X