No announcement yet.

Would you opt in to a kitchen robot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Would you opt in to a kitchen robot?

hmmmm... I love cooking.. and I really don't mind cleaning and washing.. but as I like to cook big meals for the extended family it would be nice to have a helping hand that knows what it's doing! So sure, why not! It would come in handy when sick or just having a down day

I'm assuming you can unplug these robots and shove them in the cupboard under the stairs when not needed yes?? If these robots are like.. in people form it may be a bit creepy to have one just watching you when all the cleanings done waiting for orders :=S:

Comment

Make my meals? NO WAY. Cooking keeps me sane. Between leftovers and my boyfriend cooking, I have enough off days that I'm not in the kitchen for three meals a day, but I enjoy making food too much to let a robot do it for me.

Housework is a different story. If I had more money and no stairs, I'd already have a robot vacuum.

Comment

No. Even when I don't feel like cooking, I feel right when I'm feeding people, with food I've made with my own hands. I feel like I'm fully respecting where the food came from, like when I raised, killed and cooked my own chicken. Admittedly, the killing was only a few times, when I was almost ten, and my parental figure of the time decided I was old enough to experience that, but even though I'd raised the chooks and ducks knowing that they were food, it still helped me learn to respect the cycle of life.

So, it might not be part of my religious beliefs, but it feels right to prepare my own food. I have trouble doing such for myself, but that's my self esteem issues showing up.

As for washing the dishes and such, I feel I should do it myself, because it's hard for me. I get flashbacks if I'm paying too much attention and crockery clashes, which I feel that I need to deal with in order to heal. And it does help.

As far as remembering to eat and such, which was mentioned earlier in the thread, that's what phone alarms are for. My memory is terrible when I'm not having flashbacks, though a high dosage of fish oil really helps, and I tend to get caught up in things and not notice the passing of time at all, so alarms are kinda necessary. I know it's still tech reminding me, but having a dedicated kitchen bot, which I only use to remind me to eat, as opposed to my phone, which I have to keep with me all the time so I can contact the appropriate people if I have a seizure? Yeah, I'm epileptic. So that's a constant risk.

Comment

Working...
        X