Myers-Briggs Personality Test.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Myers-Briggs Personality Test.

What did you get and do you think it's accurate?

I got INFP. The description is very accurate. Especially this sentence:
    Doing a good deed, for example, may provide intrinsic satisfaction which is only secondary to the greater good of striking a blow against Man's Inhumanity to Mankind.

Re: Myers-Briggs Personality Test.

I've been tested over and over and have always come out as either an ISTJ or occasionally ESTJ. Holds pretty true for me in that I am mostly an Introvert, Sensing, Thinking and Judge mental. When I taught at a Navy School back in 1984-1988 we used to give our students the test and many times used the particular method advised to motivate each personality type.

Was interesting but at the time the military had a lot of STJ type personalities while the civilian business world and colleges had a lot of NTP type personalities.

Edited to add:

It might make for a better comparison though if you had placed the link to the test to get the same wording and such.
    Last edited by monsno_leedra; 29 Aug 2015, 09:46.
    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

It really depends on when I take it and what kind of mood I'm in, what I've been doing, how motivated I feel... Had to take it at different times and I'm not consistently anything. I get E slightly more than I, N slightly more than S, T and F at half and half, and P slightly more often than J. Normally I get estp, esfp, intj, or infj.

Honestly though, it's only about as accurate as my horoscope...it's so nonspecific that you can read what you want to out of it.
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

Half the time I get INTJ, half INFJ. Probably explains the athiest pagan thing.

Comment

I always take these kinds of test out of curiosity. Due to being a highly functional bi polar person, I can always get pretty 'normal' results. I tend to know what the 'correct' emotional answer should be for 'normal' society. I have no real clue as to what my real emotions are. I don't use them. I use social cues for situations. Someone cries, I pat them on the back. But I don't care. Not really.
          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I get either INTP or INFP.
            There are two nerds fighting inside of me. Other is the artsy-feely type, other is the traditional nerdy know-it-all type.
            But I'd still prefer to think that people are not that one-dimensional.
            baah.

Comment

I usually get INTJ, which I haven't ever really understood, cause I don't think it sounds like me. but there was one time I got ENTJ instead. which I guess is closer?? still not sure if it's accurate though

maybe I've just never gotten that good of an explanation for them

Comment

Oops!!! What a rookie error. Here's the link : http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes2.asp

- - - Updated - - -

I think the varying of results can be caused by a few factors. Both the testor and the testee (hehe) need to know the definitions of the words they're using. For example, sympathy and empathy are not the same.

Then there's the fact that our values and beliefs can change over time. There are probably more qualified people than I who would disagree, but imo personality isn't static. It takes a fair bit of self-awareness to be able to get a true reading.

Also, the feedback we receive about our actions can change depending on what culture we are living in. We may be percieved as selfish in one culture, but as an achiever in another. I think the feedback we receive from other people about ourselves goes a long way towards self-perception and this begins in our infancy.

I like this particular model of testing because it allows for percentages of scoring. So if the test shows you have a slight lean towards one aspect, you know that another time, you may score closer to the partnering aspect. I have a lot of respect for the minds behind this test because to me everyone seems so unique and it would be hard to work out the patterns behind the similarities.

Comment

I got INTJ. Seems to fit pretty well!
                  sigpic
                  Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Well taking the test from the link provided it says I am a INTJ vice an ISTJ. Yet none of them are overly strong except the I aspect. I do tend to think the wording of the questions can easily sway you from one to another. It's like I tend to plan things out yet respond on feelings once it begins as to how or why I should respond. Sort of the idea that planning is great but once the plan has gone off track then you have to respond more from feeling and such than halting and trying to replan.

Introvert(44%) iNtuitive(19%) Thinking(28%) Judging(12%)
                    • [*=left]You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (44%)
                      [*=left]You have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (19%)
                      [*=left]You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (28%)
                      [*=left]You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (12%)
                    I'm Only Responsible For What I Say Not For What Or How You Understand!

Comment

Introvert(38%) Sensing(41%) Thinking(38%) Judging(44%)
                      You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (38%)
                      You have moderate preference of Sensing over Intuition (41%)
                      You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (38%)
                      You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (44%)
                      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

INFP... yeah that's what I usually get. The thing is while I am reserved and like alone time, I'm not actually an introvert. I can be extremely outgoing... I'm something right in the middle I don't lile that it's either or...
                        You remind me of the babe
                        What babe?
                        The babe with the power
                        What power?
                        The Power of voodoo
                        Who do?
                        You do!
                        Do what?
                        Remind me of the babe!

Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Comment

Introvert(44%) Sensing(22%) Thinking(9%) Perceiving(12%)
                          • You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (44%)
                          • You have slight preference of Sensing over Intuition (22%)
                          • You have slight preference of Thinking over Feeling (9%)
                          • You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (12%)

Sounds like me.
                          Anubisa

Dedicated and devoted to Lord Anubis and Lady Bast. A follower of the path of Egyptian Wicca.

Comment

ENFP
                            Extravert(31%) iNtuitive(41%) Feeling(25%) Perceiving(9%)
                            • You have moderate preference of Extraversion over Introversion (31%)
                            • You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (41%)
                            • You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (25%)
                            • You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (9%)

Comment

Depending on the day, I get INFJ, INTJ, or ENFJ. I guess it just depends on my mood.
                              Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Working...
                              X