Myers-Briggs Personality Test.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Myers-Briggs Personality Test.

Because you appear to have marginal or no (3%) preference of Sensing over Intuition, characteristics of more than one personality type may apply to you: ISTP and INTP.

Introvert(31%) Sensing(3%) Thinking(22%) Perceiving(6%)
    You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (31%)
    You have marginal or no preference of Sensing over Intuition (3%)
    You have slight preference of Thinking over Feeling (22%)
    You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (6%)

"...communication also tends to be a key issue, since they generally express themselves non-verbally. When they do actually verbalize, ISTPs are masters of the one-liner, often showing flashes of humor in the most tense situations; this can result in their being seen as thick-skinned or tasteless...

I think the INTP is a bit more on par, aside from that sentence up there about ISTP.

"INTPs are relatively easy-going and amenable to almost anything until their principles are violated, about which they may become outspoken and inflexible. ---> yap.

It mentions fears of impending failure too, which is me 100%.
    No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

INFP

INFPs never seem to lose their sense of wonder. One might say they see life through rose-colored glasses. It's as though they live at the edge of a looking-glass world where mundane objects come to life, where flora and fauna take on near-human qualities.
      Growing up, even though I was the oldest of three kids, I always acted a bit like the youngest, so I think this really fits me I'd get excited about random stuff all the time and my younger sister and brother would just shake their heads and sigh.

...INFPs struggle with the issue of their own ethical perfection, e.g., performance of duty for the greater cause. An INFP friend describes the inner conflict as not good versus bad, but on a grand scale, Good vs. Evil.
      I think this fits me too; I think it's probably why I'm a vegetarian!

Comment

There's a really good list type article floating around out there on the web called "Definition of Hell for each Briggs Myer type" that I've found to be very interesting. Its fun to read it and guess the type of people you already know well.

I already knew my current supervisor was an ISTJ, but learning that her hell was having an important project given to her without being given any guidance explained a lot to me about how much difference her S (sensing, wants evidence) makes from my N (intuitive, makes guesses) when it comes to our big projects. This is also a big difference we have when it comes to new clients and new hires too. She used to dismiss me out of hand when I spotted the troublemakers. She still wants to wait for the evidence to come in now, but she realizes its worthwhile to pay attention to my gut too.

The ENFJ hell is spot on for me too. Something like, your loved ones need advice but everything you tell them keeps making things worse. My friends have always compared me to Dear Abby and stuff like that, because people do tend to ask my advice, but I have a really hard time not getting overly drawn into the situation and feeling likes it's become my responsibility from then on.

Comment

Originally posted by TxanGoddess View Post
          There's a really good list type article floating around out there on the web called "Definition of Hell for each Briggs Myer type" that I've found to be very interesting. Its fun to read it and guess the type of people you already know well.
          Found it! http://thoughtcatalog.com/heidi-prie...sonality-type/

Originally posted by TxanGoddess View Post
          I already knew my current supervisor was an ISTJ, but learning that her hell was having an important project given to her without being given any guidance explained a lot to me about how much difference her S (sensing, wants evidence) makes from my N (intuitive, makes guesses) when it comes to our big projects. This is also a big difference we have when it comes to new clients and new hires too. She used to dismiss me out of hand when I spotted the troublemakers. She still wants to wait for the evidence to come in now, but she realizes its worthwhile to pay attention to my gut too.
          My husband is an ISTJ. We usually listen to each other, but his S is better than my N when it comes to judging a person's character.

As for my hell, I think the ENFP suits me better: ENFP – Every minute of the rest of your life has been scheduled for you – and it’s a long series of arbitrary, solitary tasks.

Comment

Mine is either INTP or INTJ. One or the other, I can't remember.
            "Turn, and look in the mirror. What do you see?" Her own brown eyes stared back at her until she was nothing but a blur.

"I see you. Red lipstick spread perfectly over your lush mouth, brown eyes that hold centuries upon centuries of secrets. A face made to entice even the most celibate of men and women alike. A red dress that sways and moves with your body, making you a temptation like no other."

Comment

Working...
            X